Bandwidth suddenly becomes extremely bad
I've been running a Fedora 5 server for quite some time now. In the past it has been connected to the internet through a NATed router. Recently I set up my network so that the server would be the router. Everything worked fine except now I have terrible bandwidth. After this happened, I replaced the old router so that the server is no longer the router, but the problem did not go away.
At first I figured it was an issue with IPv6, so I disabled that, but that only improved the DNS lookup times, not the bandwidth. The only other thing I could think of was TCP window scaling, but I couldn't find such a parameter in the sysctl.conf file.
This server had always worked fine untill I connected directly to my ISP, now I need to fix the issue on the external interface so that my server will have a reasonable connection speed.
Thanks for the help.