Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th April 2006, 08:55 PM
Terre Offline

Toshiba Equium A100: Unusable screen

For a couple of months now, I've been the proud owner of an Equium a100 by Toshiba...

For the exact spec of my laptop:

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.c...9&DISC_MODEL=0

I decided to bite the bullet and install FC5 on my notebook, but when I try to boot of the FC5 DVD, I get as far as selecting the graphical install.

Unfortunately, instead of loading up anaconda in its usual full technicolour glory, I get this multicoloured mash of colours with a moving square (also a multicoloured mash) for a cursor.

As you can imagine, I can't tell what the options say, and have no use for an FC5 install without graphical mode - I need Ooffice and stuff.

Is there a known issue with the Radeon Xpress 200M?

If not does anyone have a good work around?

Treat Your Mother Right Sucker!

Tags
a100, equium, screen, toshiba, unusable

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules