Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th January 2006, 04:29 AM
jlande37 Offline

Apache problem with non standard ports

I am having trouble setting up apache with non-standard ports. Unfortunately, my isp blocks :80 so I have apache listening on 8800. I am confident that they do not packet filter b/c I can connect via http to my router on port 8050. I have apache up and running and I get pages when I request them on my FC4 machine regardless of the port. I even get a page when I type the dns address. The problem is when I request a page from another machine regardless of the method, I get a server can not be found message.

I don't think that it is my router(running dd-wrt), b/c I have port forwarding set up, and it is not working even when I try to connect directly to the server from another machine via its static ip address(192.168.1.110) and the fact that I can connect using dns from my FC4 machine. I can ssh to the machine succesfully using both the ip and dns, which leads me to believe that the problem lies in my FC4 box, and port 8800. I've tried:

Quote:
netstat -l | grep 8800
tcp 0 0 *:8800 *:* LISTEN
So it seems that apache is listening on 8800.

I am also trying to enable telnet, but that is a different forum, I can not restart xinetd and service xinet give me service: command not found, figure I'd throw that out there but I will ask for help with that elsewhere.

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Tags
apache, ports, problem, standard