Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th August 2005, 02:08 AM
MantisDragon Offline

Can I use S-Video output w/FC4 and if so how?

I'm pretty new to Fedora Core and I have never ran S-Video output on a linux box before. I'm having a party soon and I want to run output to my new Sony WEGA. I'm not sure how to turn on S-Video output without function keys, which I currently don't have working(and don't think I ever will). Can anyone tell me how to set it up if possible.
Old 4th August 2005, 05:50 AM
SuperNu Offline

It would help knowing what video card you have (Nvidia, Ati, etc). I do know you can use S-Video out with Nvidia cards. Not sure about Ati. There are instructions in the readme.txt file which accompanies the Nvidia driver release. Read Appendix H. Configuring TV-Out for more information. You are going to have to hack /etx/X11/xorg.conf in order to get tv out working. Be sure to create a backup copy before making any edits to any configuration files.

--SN
Old 4th August 2005, 06:07 AM
MantisDragon Offline

I have an Nvidia card, but I found out that there are instructions for how to do it in the readme that comes with the driver. I am actually reply while using the Sony WEGA... It's cool, but I need to up my font size. Thanks anyways....
Old 4th August 2005, 04:35 PM
MantisDragon Offline

Okay, I got the TV out working and I've been able to set up Twinview with my laptop's LCD and the WEGA, but I would like to set up dual monitors. After reading the nvidia readme and some how to guides on the net I'm still not sure about how to set it up in the xorg.conf file. I've included copies of the xorg.conf files for running my LCD and WEGA as stand alone monitors. I know these files work when I replace the xorg.conf with them to run which ever I want as a monitor.

Any help would be appreciated. It's not imperiaive for me to have this working, but it would be really cool!

EDIT: I guess what I'm really asking is how would I set it up so they are both showing different workspaces?
Attached Files
File Type: conf lcd.conf (3.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: conf sony.conf (3.5 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by MantisDragon; 4th August 2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 27th September 2005, 06:15 PM
hollovoid Offline

this is my xorg with dual workspaces, you can drag n drop between them by moving the file to the right,
Attached Files
File Type: conf xorg.conf (3.5 KB, 176 views)

Tags
output, svideo, w or fc4