Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th November 2004, 03:45 AM
snorkey Offline

Exclamation Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT

Hey,
Having probs getting Hercules 3D Prophet 32meg 4000XT PCI to work under fedora. Currently it uses generic crap drivers. I downloaded the proper kyro chipset drivers for linux advised for this card. Installed and have attempted to follow readme instructions to change x86 config as required to utilize pci graphics card. Anyway i restart the computer so changes take affect, and end up with no graphics at all...so i login as root in textmode and fix it up back to wat is was. Any pointers out there from anyone as to how i can get it to work properly. Or is there some genirc drivers for that kind of card out there that properly utilize openGl etc...? My only thoughts is something to do with the drivers because, they dont show up in the list of drivers in kde, and as soon as i change the drivers for the graphics card in the x86 config to 'powervr' as advised is when the problems start.
Any help would be much appreciated.
-Snorks
Old 7th February 2005, 12:34 PM
lawnchalker Offline

Hi there,

I have the same device, It is unsupported under kernel version 2.6.x, there simply is no driver for it..no one has made one that I can find in any of my searches.

I'm thinking that if you want a driver...write one....so ...

anyone with any links on where and how to start building a video driver..please pass your comments and links along!!!!
( i know it sounds rediculous to ask such a thing, but I beleive where there is a need there is a way.)
Old 28th July 2005, 07:06 PM
n644dc Offline

The Prophet

Hi
I have the same problem, and i hit a brick wall tryin to code my own so any help would be great

ill post anything i can dig up about this problem

Tags
4000xt, hercules, prophet