Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th March 2005, 05:51 AM
JuanTrash Offline

Xmms in Thinkpad 600

Hi everyone, iīm a newbie to linux and to this forum, English isnīt even my own language, so iīll try to explain myself the best i can. I had installed Fedora Core 3 on my Thinkpad 600 laptop (p2 266, 4 gb, 160 ram) and it runs incredibly fast, even better than ubuntu and mandrake 10, though i have had some problems with my sound card i had fixed it, but when I installed Xmms the message of the missing plugins for mp3 popped up. After installing the mp3 plugins and rebooting, when i try to listen any mp3 this message appears: "Please check out that your sound card is configured correctly. That you have the correct output plugin. There are no others programs blocking your sound card." The message appears in Spanish, this is the traduction. When I try to listen CDīs, thereīs no problem, so I donīt understand what is happening here. Anybody Does? I would appreciate any kind of help, thank you very much for your help!

Pd. Does anyone had made the mwave modem for this laptop work??? I would also appreciate information from anyone who does. Thanks again, greetings from Chile!
Old 29th March 2005, 07:56 AM
james_in_denver Offline

You can "right mouse click" on the "xmms" window you should see a menu, choose "Options" -> "Preferences".

That will give you another screen, select the correct "Audio Plugin" and configure it properly, you are probably using "alsa" as your audio driver, but you might want to try OSS as well.

PS: your english is very good. Better than some of the english language posters on the board!

Hmmm, what did I miss?
Old 30th March 2005, 03:18 AM
JuanTrash Offline

thank you very much, I found some problems of hardware recognition... I am trying to solve it right now, thanks again for your help.
Old 31st March 2005, 10:02 PM
cnarramoore Offline

That is because people who speak English as a second language really think about what they are going to say.

Tags
600, thinkpad, xmms