This is a bit of a how to, but as it deals with instalation, i think it best fits here
Fedora Core 3 cannot have boot floppys as the kernel & initrd.img are to big, many older computers cannot boot from lan or usb, and if they also cannot boot from cdrom (like mine because i have 2 HDD, my seconday ide controller does not work, so my cdroms are attached to my sound card) anyway, i have not been able to get grub to boot a CD-rom , butif you place the kernel & initrd.img on the hard drive you can boot from them.
Ok so here is how to do it:
1. Copy all items in the isolinux folder of cd 1 to the hard drive, though if you are not reformating your hard drive you may want to place them in a folder. (it does not matter if you are using fat32 ext2, ext3 etc.) (i have not tried ntfs though).
2. make a grub boot floppy, from a shell from any linux box that has grub (i used knoppix)
3. reboot & boot from floppy
4. assuming that the files are on the 1st partition of your primary HDD type: rootnoverify (hd0,0)
5. type: kernel /vmlinuz or kernel /isolinux/vmlinuz
6. type: initrd /initrd.img or /isolinux/initrd.img
6.5. type: boot (it is not worth a whole step)