FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    F19 Wrong time after reboot

    Hello everyone,

    I have the problem that everytime I reboot my PC Fedora displays the wrong time. Only after ~30 seconds when chrony starts the time gets right. My Bios clock is set to UTC, my timezone is UTC +2. But after every reboot the clock displays UTC time first and then chrony fixes that. But i want to have the correct time even when I'm not conected to the internet and chroy can't fix this problem.

    This happens every time I reboot:
    Code:
    sudo cat /var/log/messages | grep chrony
    chronyd[299]: System clock was stepped by 7200.687 seconds
    System clock wrong by 7200.686916 seconds, adjustment started
    I also use Windows 7 and told it to use UTC as described here and Windows keeps the correct time and doesn't update my Bios clock.

    Additinal notes: Every time i turn on my PC without internet conection "sudo hwclock" shows the correct time, while "date" and "timedatectl" are of by 2 hours and I don't know why, any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: F19 Wrong time after reboot

    See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=981617 . I had exactly the same problem on a dual-boot Windows/Fedora machine where I set both to use UTC. Turns out that due to the fact that the installer no longer lets you specify UTC or local time (see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=981793 ), and that it assumes you want local time when it detects Windows, the wrong setting got written into the initramfs, and I had to run "dracut -f" to fix that. The alternative would have been to wait for a new kernel, at which point the proper settings would have been written automatically into its initramfs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: F19 Wrong time after reboot

    Thank you very much, this fixed my problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Unwanted (wrong) time change
    By michele in forum EOL (End Of Life) Versions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th February 2010, 07:42 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd January 2007, 05:11 PM
  3. Time on the forums is wrong?
    By SHtRO in forum Fedora Focus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th April 2006, 06:40 AM
  4. Time on web server wrong
    By standbyone in forum Servers & Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd January 2006, 12:48 AM
  5. Up2date icon: You are at wrong place at the wrong time.
    By tonytiger in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th May 2005, 11:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •