Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd September 2012, 04:29 PM
Nemros Offline

linuxfirefox
Congratulations on suspend

I'm sorry for making this topic here, I didn't know where to put it.

I've been a long time Fedora user and for the past 5 years I have been using it on my laptops. Many people could benefit from all features including suspend or hibernate. Not me, it never worked on any of my laptops.

I've been using Fedora 16 for some time now and suspend didn't work out of the box. I was accustomed to simply shutting it down. Last night I didn't press alt correctly and instead of shut down I hit suspend and guess what? It worked!

So I just want to congratulate the people that did this (probably from the kernel team) for their effort on improving support for hardware and power management!
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:15 PM
Dutchy Offline

unknownfirefox
Re: Congratulations on suspend

None of your laptops?
That's some bad luck you got there but nice to hear that it finally turned out positively.
I've had two notebooks aanandand both suspended and hibernated just fine (at least when I didn't put all the components at a low power state before letting it go to sleep).
Only my current desktop doesn't resume from hibernation properly, For which I blame radeon.
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:49 PM
gurutech Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: Congratulations on suspend

I have F17 on my tablet PC, and the suspend/resume works fine. The only thing that I have found that doesn't work is when switching between "laptop mode" and "tablet mode" - the on-screen keyboard doesn't always recognize which mode it's in.

Tags
congratulations, suspend