Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st August 2012, 06:13 PM
Nanova Offline

linuxmintopera
Dualscreen randomly resets to "Mirror Screens"

Hey Guys,

I am using Fedora 17 x64 (all updates as of today), an ATI 5650 with non-proprietary drivers and Fedora Default desktop environment (Gnome Shell)

I use an external Monitor on my laptop, connected via HDMI. I turned my laptop screen off via software, as I don't need it and work on my big external screen.

However, my resolution settings completely randomly crash and reset to "Mirror screens", using the resolution of my laptop display on both screens.

I am quite new to Fedora and Linux in general (less than one year experience) and don't really know where to start looking into crash-logs et cetara. What would be a good starting point to find out more about my issue?

I thought it COULD have to do sth. with that issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/889706

however, when I disconnect my external screen, everything works perfect and I have no issues. It also makes no difference whether I install fglrx proprietary drivers, no matter what version/beta version.

I'm lost. :-)

Cheers
Nano
Old 23rd September 2012, 01:00 PM
Nanova Offline

linuxmintopera
Re: Dualscreen randomly resets to "Mirror Screens"

Sorry if I bump this, but I still have not found a solution. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone has some advice where to look or where to start? session-errors and messages log does not contain useful information as the "crashes" do not to seem to be logged. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places. Help, pretty please?

If I don't solve this I have to stick to Windows which I pretty much dislike. Any help is appreciated!

Tags
dualscreen, mirror screens, randomly, randomly resets, resets