Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th August 2012, 04:45 AM
Sethanath Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Best Way to Install Games Like Old Guy.

Hi,

I am still learning Fedora. I need quick suggestion from you, and I knew I would be able to continue the rest.

1. What are the ideal ways of installing Games on Fedora like an administrator? I am thinking of using PlayOnLinux only right now. The reason that I ask is because I know I would be formatting my PC a lot, like I have been. I am learning Linux, and I have been formatting quite a bit. How should I organize my game files so that, one day, if I format, I won't need to reinstall all my games. No, I am not lazy. I just want to learn how to back up my PC correctly.

There is one game that I installed successfully, strictly, mentioned that "You have to install this game on the same disk as your PC. You may not install it, on the different disk". When I see this message, I knew, from my knowledge, I probably can't learn how to back up this type of games. I probably right, correct? This game said you can't mount the disk when you install this game.

2. How about the rest of the games? Most of them should allow you to install on different disk right? If they allow you to install on different disk, then, I may organize them for back up right?

Currently, I have two internal HDs, and three USB external HDs. One of the internal HD, I have linux on it. The rest of the four are just for the storage that need to mount them every time.

How do you do PC backup in Linux with or without the games?

Thanks.
Old 13th August 2012, 05:48 PM
Sethanath Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: Best Way to Install Games Like Old Guy.

I tried playing around with PlayOnLinux for couple days. It actually uses virtual drive.
If my guess is correctly, that should help me when it comes to back up my PC in the future.

My guess is correct right? Quick opinion is greatly appreciated.

Tags
games, guy, install