Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th August 2012, 04:04 PM
imukesh Offline

linuxubuntuchrome
Please give me soln to boot triple OS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennzo View Post
if you can boot Ubuntu and have installed Fedora 14 then open a terminal in Ubuntu and issue sudo update-grub. The output of the command should indicate that it has added Fedora. Reboot and you should see a boot option for Fedora as well as Ubuntu and Win.
I have updated grub but it doesn't appear windows boot in ubuntu boot manager.
I had installed Fedora 16 , then installed windows 7 professional and windows 7 home basic.
then installed ubuntu 11.04 on the win 7 Home Basic partion. But after this the ubuntu bootloader doesn't give option to boot windows. fedora 16 and ubuntu are booting normally.

Before it i was using EasyBcd to triple boot but after installing the ubuntu the bootloader options are changed automatically to ubuntu bootloader.

Please give me soln to boot triple OS's.
Old 12th August 2012, 02:49 AM
stoat Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Please give me soln to boot triple OS's

Thread moved from an old basically irrelevant thread to a new thread.

Some ideas and possibilities to consider...
  • Create a custom menu entry for Windows in Ubuntu's GRUB 2 boot loader (a menuentry with chainloader in /etc/grub.d/40_custom followed by update-grub).
  • Install Fedora's GRUB 2 as your main boot loader and run the grub2-mkconfig command (who knows, it may find them all).
  • Repair the Windows boot loader and go back to what you had before with EasyBCD (add Fedora and Ubuntu to the Windows menu).
  • Repair the Windows boot loader and try Grub2Win. It's a new version of WINGRUB that can be installed in Windows and boot GRUB 2 systems directly from Windows. It's sort of an alternative to the EasyBCD method.
No promises.

There are other ways to boot multiple systems.

Tags
boot, soln, triple