Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Suggestions & Feedback
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Suggestions & Feedback Have suggestions, feedback or just plain questions regarding FedoraForum.org? Post them here. (We reserve the right to poke fun at you or just ignore them).

Old 9th August 2012, 09:21 PM
secipolla Offline

linuxfirefox
Thumbnails to larger images don't work.

I've noticed this bug for a while now. It doesn't matter the site the image is but the forum can't handle a thumbnail image that redirects to a url of the big image.

Code:

Edit- and another bug is that the code box above displayed the image instead of the code. Let's try with 'quote' (doesn't work either):

Quote:
The format is:

[url=link to image][img]link to thumbnail[/img]then the enclosing /url

Last edited by secipolla; 9th August 2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10th August 2012, 03:57 AM
stoat Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Thumbnails to larger images don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secipolla

...the forum can't handle a thumbnail image that redirects to a url of the big image.
I can't authoritatively address the exact technical issue of why the image displayed by the IMG tags between the URL tags does not link to the big image while simple text between the URL tags does...
Your big image
For that, I will yield to those with the knowledge. But for now, what about doing the task this way?...
Click image for larger version

Name:	25806ae4cc2db771329a618ec91320d4151603aac86594266924c0fb25bf0a9db52acf0184d70143e4da001f42faa688.png
Views:	64
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	23603
Isn't that the effect you want? I downloaded your big image, uploaded it as an attachment to this post, and inserted it where I wanted the thumbnail to go. It links to and displays the big image.
Old 10th August 2012, 04:41 AM
Dan Online
Administrator

linuxfirefox

Hmmmmm. That used to work ...

Testing ...

Dang! You're right. Doesn't work anymore.
Old 10th August 2012, 12:45 PM
secipolla Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoat View Post
I can't authoritatively address the exact technical issue of why the image displayed by the IMG tags between the URL tags does not link to the big image while simple text between the URL tags does...
Your big image
For that, I will yield to those with the knowledge. But for now, what about doing the task this way?...
Attachment 23603
Isn't that the effect you want? I downloaded your big image, uploaded it as an attachment to this post, and inserted it where I wanted the thumbnail to go. It links to and displays the big image.
Thanks for the reminder, it was a matter of habit.

@Dan, yep, I think it used to work (not sure) but now I'll remember the forum 'native' way of doing it.
Old 10th August 2012, 03:56 PM
stoat Offline

linuxfirefox

For the record and for future readers, the "Attachments" drop-down menu (the paperclip icon) in "Go Advanced" will place a thumbnail image link to an attached image anywhere in a post reply or edit text box where the cursor is currently located (attach tags). The attach tags can be indented, centered, moved, copied, deleted, etc. This method of posting an attachment also removes the image link from that "footer" area of the post where it otherwise goes.