Since i have had some serious problems installing F17 in my new appartment, i had to try another distro for my netbook.
After some reading of one of the Gnome threads here, an article posted there lead me to fuduntu.
Gotta say, for netbook/laptop, that one's really awesome, as as the netbook shows a battery life time of ~8hrs+, while the best i had achieved was 7:30 with E16 on F15, but that was not re-producable
It brings a mix of (desktop experience, as i 'feel' it):
* Stable fedora
* Gnome'ish/MacOS'ish design (AWN bottom-bar)
* some basic Compiz pre-tweaks for eye-candy/catching
* an out of the box boot time of about 20 secs.
Drawbacks so far:
* I cant find systemd-analyze to install
* Uses Banshee (preinstalled: mono) instead of rhytmbox
* "add to adm grp" is not available on first boot
Something one might argue vice-versa:
* Google-docs instead of libreoffice or abiword+gnumeric
* lisenced flash + mp3
Are all preinstalled as well.
While i like chromium and vlc, imho dropbox and google-docs in combination are an overkill.
After a few hours playing around, i like it.