Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:43 PM
Timmy111 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Problem reading video with VLC On Fedora 14

Hi everyone,

I just installed VLC on F14 (not easily but thanks to this forum i managed it) using the fuduntu repo. Now, when I try to play a video file (.flv) or play any stream, the vlc player opens, doing as if it is playing the movie but I cant hear or see anything.

#vlc Desktop/test.flv gives me the following output :

VLC media player 2.0.1 Twoflower (revision 2.0.1-0-gf432547)
[0x8c2bbf8] main demux error: corrupt module: /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so
[0x8b9b8f0] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
MKV/Ebml Parser: m_el[mi_level] == NULL
MKV/Ebml Parser: Up cannot escape itself
[0x8c32aa0] main demux error: corrupt module: /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so
MKV/Ebml Parser: m_el[mi_level] == NULL
MKV/Ebml Parser: Up cannot escape itself
[0xb66df140] main audio output error: corrupt module: /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/audio_output/libpulse_plugin.so

I guess there is something wrong in the installation or something.
Can someone please give me a hand to solve the problem ?

Regards
Tim
Old 22nd June 2012, 05:24 PM
lightman47 Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Problem reading video with VLC On Fedora 14

and more annoying is that since the latest version on the videolan site, you can no longer install to Fedora 14 - just 15 and beyond.

When I get back home tonight I'll see if I somehow solved this on the FC14 machine and if so, figure out how. Seems like I had to fudge one of their repo command lines before I executed it ...
Old 22nd June 2012, 05:54 PM
hadrons123 Offline
'The Blue Dragon'

linuxfirefox

How about giving fedora 14 a rest, and try the recent ones?
Its easier to install the newer fedora and VLC. But if you insist on using gnome2 the best option is to use CentOS or scientific linux.
Old 22nd June 2012, 06:42 PM
lightman47 Offline

linuxchrome

and I realized that was exactly how I solved my VLC dilemma - a clean install of FC16.

There are only 2 machines left in the house still running 14 - one will be 16 in the next week or so. My server, however, will wait until I have an entire weekend to get it all back up and running. As it's the gateway, I can't take it down for that length of time while others are home - I'll get strung up.

{The other 3-4 machines went FC16 some time ago - and it wasn't terribly pleasant either! Whether clean install or upgrade I spent a lot of time troubleshooting & fixing.}
Old 22nd June 2012, 07:02 PM
bonedome Offline

linuxfirefox

You might as well just install the F14 version (1.1.12) available from rpmfusion, it does everything perfectly well, the latest version provides nothing new to write home about anyway
Quote:
How about giving fedora 14 a rest
change the record
Old 25th June 2012, 08:06 AM
Timmy111 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedome View Post
You might as well just install the F14 version (1.1.12) available from rpmfusion, it does everything perfectly well, the latest version provides nothing new to write home about anyway
change the record
The problem is that I couldnt install vlc from the rpmfusion repo (previous trhead "cannot install VLC with Fedora 14"). This is why i had to use the fuduntu repo.
And I have to stay with F14 because of the EMGD driver that is only suported by F14.
Old 29th June 2012, 01:41 PM
makazad Offline

linuxchrome
Talking Re: Problem reading video with VLC On Fedora 14

To install VLC media player in Fedora 14, follow the steps:

1. Go to the URL link, "download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/"
2. Go in orderly manner the following sequences: releases/14/Everything/i386/os/rpmfusion-free-release-14-0.4.noarch.rpm
3. Double click the link, it downloads the required file
4. Choose ‘Install’ button when it appears, and just continue
5. After installation is completed, go to the super user mode by typing su - and password in the Terminal
6. Type
# yum install rpmfusion-free-release; It will download and install the necessary files for the fedora operating system platform
7. Lastly, type
# yum install vlc
8. The process will ask about your choice, just type y/Y, and let it download the necessary files for VLC player and consequent proper installation.
9. After a few minutes, the installation will be completed
10. Have fun with the VLC media player

I Hope this will work without any problems.

Thanks
Azad
Ulsan, South Korea
Old 2nd July 2012, 02:16 PM
Timmy111 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Hi,
I already tried to install vlc using rpmfusion, didnt work. I managed to play local video files with vlc but still cannot play rtp stream because of this error : [0x8c2bbf8] main demux error: corrupt module: /usr/lib/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so
would it be possible to install the libdvdnav_plugin.so new? if yes how?

Thanks for your answers
Tim
Old 2nd July 2012, 05:56 PM
lightman47 Offline

linuxchrome

That file, on mine, is located: /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/access/libdvdnav_plugin.so

Tags
fedora, problem, reading, video, vlc