Hi, have just moved over from Ubuntu 12.04 and am configuring gnome 3, and indeed Fedora in general. There are some issues though that I don't seem able to solve. These are:
1. I'm unable to change screen resolution to the 1600 x 1200 ?) I had in Ubuntu. I have a Mobility Radeon HD 3650 card and have donwloaded and partially installed the proprietry drivers (although the installation aborted for an unknown reason but screen properties have improved).
2. I'm unable to change panel bar colour via gnome-shell.css. In fact the panel remains the same in spite of altering the panel.svg image properties in GIMP. So it seems to me the css file is being ignored, or partially ignored (ALT+right click works and this would be fine except for)
3. I'm unable to change panel font colour via .gtkrc-2.0, which, alongside daughter files, also seems to be ignored.
4. I'm unable to automount nfts partitions via manual fstab or automatic PySDM (fstab). This is perhaps the most serious issue. I am informed on boot that one volume is of incorrect size and am unable to proceed (or I don't understand how to proceed). I have to reboot using the recovery disk and comment out the partitions in fstab.
5. I cannot run Matlab due to -9 license error. I've contacted them about that. I suspect though it has something to do with permissions or SELinux. it's the same machine, same hostid, same login name as was the machine, hostid and login name that ran matlab in Ubuntu.
thanks in advance