Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th May 2012, 03:35 AM
johncp1962 Offline

windows_7firefox
F-17 Preupgrade Problem (A unpack error occurred....)

I pulled the instructions for preupgrade from this forum and printed them. I was able to run preupgrade successfully (after the second try) and rebooted the system. From the grub menu, I selected "Upgrade to Fedora 17". The packages were installing until it got to kdelibs3 where I got the following error:

"A unpack error occurred when installing the kdelibs3 package. This could indicate errors when reading the installation media. Installation cannot continue.

[Exit Installer]

After clicking on "Exit Installer", followed by Ctrl-Alt-Delete - the machine rebooted. I once again chose to upgrade and Anaconda appeared to pick up where it left off. But once again, failed on the same package. I tried a third time, but this time the first package up was kdelibs3, so it failed immediately. I can't boot the system up now so I'm stuck. The exact package F17 is choking on is:

kdelibs3-3.5.10-35.fc17.x86_64.

I have plenty of hard drive space and as you may have guessed, a 64 bit system with 16 Gigs of RAM.

Assistance much appreciated.

Tags
error, f17, occurred, preupgrade, problem, unpack