Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th May 2012, 07:01 PM
pbrownusmc Offline

linuxfirefox
Music and Videos

Hi all,

I didn't see a thread about this yet, but I may also have missed it. But I just upgraded to 16 from 12. I tried viewing some videos on youtube and also tried playing music that I transferred over, and niether would work. I kept getting an error message saying that I was missing a plug-in. When I went to look for it, it said that none were available. Is there anything I can download that would make it work? I tried installing Adobe Flash for Linux and it wouldn't install completely for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Patrick
Old 20th May 2012, 07:27 PM
smr54 Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Music and Videos

Take a look at the mjmwired guide, easylife, and autoten--all available from the link at the top of the page, the yellow link marked Fedora setup guides.
Old 21st May 2012, 12:14 PM
george_toolan Offline

linuxfirefox

Actually you can play youtube videos now with firefox and HTML5. No need to install any plugins ;-)

For everything else just enable rpmfusion repository and install some players like mplayer, vlc or xmms.
Old 21st May 2012, 03:44 PM
pbrownusmc Offline

linuxfirefox

thank you for both comments. I was able to get what I needed from the top of the page and now it works fine. I haven't tried my music yet though. And I actually enabled the rpmfusion repository this morning. I will check out the mplayer and others you mentioned. Thanks again.

Patrick

Tags
music, videos