Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st May 2012, 03:11 PM
Crawdad Offline

linuxchrome
Exclamation Need Help: Display Settings on Fedora 16 + MATE

Hi all,

I tried searching the forum but I couldn't find what I need. If there already is a similar question I apologize if I didn't see it, and I'd appreciate it if you can point me to the correct link.

Anyway, my problem is I can't seem to maximize my video card using Mate. I'm using Fedora 16 with Mate on an Asus EEE PC 1015PX.

When I was using Gnome Shell the graphics were great, meaning Gnome Shell wasn't complaining about my graphics card and I was able to use it with no problems whatsoever. But like everyone here I still want the Gnome 2 look and feel.

My main test for the lack of graphics acceleration is the terminal where I set the background to a bit transparent. If the graphics are properly working I should be able to see everything behind the terminal window, right? But now that I'm using Mate I can only see desktop background; no real transparency: I couldn't see the desktop icons, I couldn't see any of the other windows that are open behind the terminal window, and the effects I've set using Compiz aren't working.

I hope you guys can help. I really like Mate and I want to maximize my netbook to its full potential.

So, where and how can I check or enable the system to use the graphics card properly? I couldn't find what I need in Appearance or Monitors.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Fixed the problem. I had to start compiz-manager, so I added that to the Startup Applications list.

Last edited by Crawdad; 23rd May 2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Posted solution to problem.

Tags
1015px, display, eee, fedora, mate, settings