Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th May 2012, 10:27 AM
rooty81 Offline

windows_7chrome
Samsung NC10 - Screen resolution

I have installed fedora 16 on my Samsung NC10. This is a notebook, so 10 inch screen.

Most applications appear to be running correctly, apart from evolution mail.

The pop outs go out of the window and there is no option to scroll. Is there anyway I can tweak this to fit?
Old 8th May 2012, 10:47 AM
sea Offline
"Shells" (of a sub world)

linuxchrome
Re: Samsung NC10 - Screen resolution

AFAIK: Nope, Evolution has a 'fixed' mininum height, which doesnt fit on a 10" screen.
IMO: If you use Evolution just for mail, Sylpheed as my favorite choice, matches just perfectly on the netbook as its much lighter
Old 8th May 2012, 12:09 PM
rooty81 Offline

windows_7chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea View Post
AFAIK: Nope, Evolution has a 'fixed' mininum height, which doesnt fit on a 10" screen.
IMO: If you use Evolution just for mail, Sylpheed as my favorite choice, matches just perfectly on the netbook as its much lighter
Thanks Sea.

I will give that a try.

I am new to all this linux stuff. Just trying it all out as it will help with my job
Old 10th May 2012, 09:51 AM
george_toolan Offline

linuxfirefox

The nc10 is a netbook with a 1024x600 screen resolution.

But I have seen videos on youtube where the desktop screen was moving up and down.

This is a classic X feature called virtual resolution.

But then the constant scrolling could be annoying, because it automagically scrolls when the mouse cursor gets close to the borders of the screen.

Tags
nc10, resolution, samsung, screen