Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th May 2012, 06:15 AM
Prasad1337 Offline

windows_7chrome
Unable to installing Fedora

Guys, please help me. I have Windows 7 installed on my drive. It is a 750GB drive. I allotted 100GB for windows, the rest is now unpartitioned and free. I tried using the x64 Fedora 16 installation DVD but it tell me "No usable drives have been found". I'm using AHCI mode in BIOS. Please help..
Old 5th May 2012, 06:43 AM
tashirosgt Offline

linuxopera
Re: Unable to installing Fedora

Can you get a copy of the liveCd and boot from it? There are various things on the liveCd that you can use to determine how (and if) Fedora sees your hard drive.

Backup your Windows data before you start experimenting with Fedora. There is some risk of losing it.
Old 5th May 2012, 09:36 AM
george_toolan Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Unable to installing Fedora

Is it really unpartitioned?

Code:
fdisk -l
You can also create your own partitions and tell anaconda to use these.

Any 20 GiB partition will do for the operating system.

Tags
fedora, installing, unable