Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th May 2012, 03:39 PM
Cygn Offline

linuxfirefox
Thumbs up The Most Awesome, Least-Advertised Fedora 17 Feature

From Lennart Poettering's blog:
Quote:
There's one feature In the upcoming Fedora 17 release that is immensely useful but very little known, since its feature page 'ckremoval' does not explicitly refer to it in its name: true automatic multi-seat support for Linux.
awesome !
Old 4th May 2012, 07:09 PM
Dutchy Online

linuxfirefox
Re: The Most Awesome, Least-Advertised Fedora 17 Feature

That is great! All those idling cores finally put to work.
Although, you can call me cheap, I think that 50 bucks for a beefed up (;p) USB-hub is still a bit high, at least for the users at home.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:35 AM
Sharak Offline

windows_7chrome
Re: The Most Awesome, Least-Advertised Fedora 17 Feature

Alright, I tried this out using the manual method of creating a new seat by attaching hardware to it (using the documentation in the man page, also here). However, I got an error:

Failed to issue method call: Invalid argument

using the following statement:

systemd-loginctl attach seat1 /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/graphics/fb0

seat1 isn't defined yet, but according to the documentation, the system will create it when attaching a graphics card to it (I have another graphics card, /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0/graphics/fb1, attached to the system)

If anyone has any insight as to why I'm encountering this error, or if anyone could point me in the right direction of a forum that might be able to guide me through the setup, I would be very appreciative.

-Salem

Tags
awesome, ckremoval, feature, fedora, leastadvertised, multi-seat, multiseat, plugable