Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd May 2012, 05:35 PM
George123 Offline

linuxfirefox
Wavy scroll

Yesterday i installed tripwire after a clean install and updates. First thing i did after that was i installed Chrome than ran tripwire --check. I had over 2000 violations and i don't really know if this is right or not cause it was the first time i used tripwire but i thought maybe it's easier to tweak Firefox to make it run like Chrome than installing Chrome. Especially because i don't know if Selinux is really taking care of Chrome after installing it form an rpm i download from their site. And i tried, and it was loading sites slowly and i set in about:confg network.http.fast-fallback-to-IPv4 true and voila, it was loading sites as fast as Chrome. But... there is a problem with smooth scrolling, i use nouveau and when i scroll with the wheel in smooth scroll mode (general.smoothScroll true) not all the lines are scrolling on the same time, there is a slight delay on some lines on some pages only and the feeling is i have waves on the screen. Barely noticeable but still unnerving and distracting. I tried and made the xorg.conf file in etc/x11 and put in there the following line and rebooted, with no result. Curiously enough, all the flash commercials on those sites are working... perfectly!

Section "Device"
Identifier "Default Device"
Driver "nouveau"
Option "GLXVBlank" "True"
EndSection

I have Firefox on an old 32 bit 640 MB RAM Windows XP computer and it works better on that one!

Changing mousewheel.acceleration.start to a positive value seems to help a little bit!

Last edited by George123; 2nd May 2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 7th July 2012, 04:27 PM
George123 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Wavy scroll

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/931667

Tags
scroll, wavy