Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:12 AM
mikeewales Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Can't login with kernel update and NVIDIA

Installing new drivers isn't the issue, that's a piece of cake. What is the issue is that whereas a with failed X start I used to be able to login as root and reinstall new drivers. Easy. Now I can't log in to yum anything. Well I can but I have to reboot into single user or level 3. But I have to reboot via the reset button, which causes one of my disks to fsckfor 5 minutes. Or boot my laptop, login, su to root, init 3 to get a login screen. blah, blah... Maybe my original post was unclear.

Tags
black, black screen, f16, fail, kernel, kernels, login, newer, nouveau, nvidia, prevents, screen, silently, silently fails, update

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off