Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:25 PM
ChiefExecNerd Offline

linuxfirefox
Question Newbie help with Auto Multiple Choice

I'm trying to update AMC from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 and I need some help. I went and got the tar.gz and installed all the other software (using yum) that I needed in order to run the rpmbuild -tb auto-multiple-choice_1.0.4_precomp.tar.gz command, but I'm stuck on what to do next. I am running Fedora 16.

Any help is most appreciated as I need this for work. Thanks!
Old 24th April 2012, 04:59 PM
george_toolan Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Newbie help with Auto Multiple Choice

What exactly is the problem?

You either use the repository described here http://home.gna.org/auto-qcm/download-fedora.en, install from the source code or install the rpm file that you built. Try

Code:
rpm -Uvh filename.rpm
Old 24th April 2012, 09:16 PM
jojojojo Offline

linuxiceweasel
Re: Newbie help with Auto Multiple Choice

If rpmbuild succeeds, it created a rpm file in one of the subdirectories of $HOME/rpmbuild/RPMS/ (check in the last lines from the log of rpmbuild). To install this rpm file, use
Code:
yum install /home/jojojojo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/auto-multiple-choice-1.0.4-1.fc16.x86_64.rpm
as root (in my case, the user is jojojojo and the architecture is x86_64)

Tags
auto, choice, multiple, newbie