Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:12 PM
Makkura666 Offline

windows_7chrome
Question Apache SIGTERM issues

Hey guys,

I've been searching for hours yesterday to solve this problem but no one seems to be giving a clear answer of what this could be.

So I've been installing the latest fedora fresh on my laptop I wish to use with apache. Then I followed some basic instructions on a youtube tutorial to set it up locally (which works). Then when I try to make my server public by entering my ip and fiddling around with my ports on my router it just doesn't work to get it public but the server is still running and after restarting the server for a couple times while adjusting the ip a few times it gives the "SIGTERM" notice in the log and shuts down every time. Putting all values to their default ones doesn't work either it won't start after giving a single SIGTERM.

When I reinstall apache it will work again (for a while tho) but then it shuts down again after lets say an hour or 2 of fiddling around. I already know a SIGTERM can be given by a provider or by the computer itself but I have no clue how I can make it stop shutting down like that. I've being trying allot of things like shutting down the SELinux security which didn't work either.

Any ideas anyone?

Tags
apache, issues, sigterm