Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th April 2012, 07:09 PM
action_owl Offline

linuxchrome
Error unpacking rpm package

I made a minor update to a custom RPM specfile and rebuilt the rpm and yum repo. I got no errors when building but when I tried to upgrade the package I got an error:

Code:
Running Transaction
  Updating   : my-package-4.10.1-4.el6.noarch                       1/2
Error unpacking rpm package my-package-4.10.1-4.el6.noarch
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/share/my-package/host/webroot/js/tinymce/plugins/emotions/js/emotions.js;4f881fcf: cpio: open
my-package-4.10.1-2.el6.noarch was supposed to be removed but is not!

Failed:
  my-package.noarch 0:4.10.1-2.el6
  my-package.noarch 0:4.10.1-4.el6

Complete!
I tried rebuilding the package, cleaned the yum cache and installed again and was met with the same error. The main thing that concerns me here is that the package was left in an inconsistent state and is now broken. Also, I have not modifed the source code at all, only the specfile and there is nothing unusual about the javascript file that the error is being thrown on.

Anyone have any clue to what may have happened?

**Update**
After doing a colmplete update and trying to install again, I no longer received the error, and the package was updated successfully. I am still very curious about how this happened.

Last edited by action_owl; 13th April 2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: update

Tags
error, package, rpm, unpacking