Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st April 2012, 05:34 PM
lightman47 Offline

linuxfirefox
new YUM problems

All of a suden this morning, yum update wants to install tons of KDE stuff (I run Gnome) and complains about a lot of the other updates with this message:

Error: Protected multilib versions: ... there's about 20 of these listed

Laptop has been off for a couple weeks, and was up to date when I shut it off.

I also have an incomplete transaction it complains about (did it this morning - don't want to run it).

Thanks

Hmm - also trying to install a bunch MORE stuff I don't use/didn't have, as well a updating stuff that's already "installed and latest version".

BTW - FC16/64

Last edited by lightman47; 1st April 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 2nd April 2012, 04:11 AM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: new YUM problems

I ran into something similar (but on F17) recently when a couple of noarch doc packages were obsoleted by both the x86_64 and i686 packages. I had the x86_64 package already installed, but it wanted to install the i686 package also and pull in the ton of 32 bit dependencies for it.

I had to figure out which package was trying to pull in the dependencies, uninstall the noarch doc package, and let the regular package update itself.

Tags
problems, yum