Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th March 2012, 06:41 PM
GHHHHH Offline

windows_7ie
Exclamation Installation.

Can someone help me with information on how I should work around this error that I am having with installation? Explanation: I have downloaded the f-16 version of Fedora to my laptop on iso image to file. But when going thru the installation I get an error that displays/partitioning errors, you have not created a bootloader stage 1 target device.This is after about most of the way thru installation, I have watched the instructions on instalationl from u-tube and there is no indication on which partion should I use?
This is in the add partiton dialog box where you create your partitions. The first mount point is boot, and the second is swap, and I have no idea what the third requirement is If anyone can help, it will be appreciated. As I have been trying and hope to have success soon. Please respond with videos, links anything will help!
Old 28th March 2012, 07:05 PM
kkshethin Online

linuxfirefox
Re: Installation.

create 1MB bios-boot partition (option in ext4 /swap partition dialog)
Old 29th March 2012, 05:58 PM
Gareth Jones Offline
Official Gnome 3 Sales Rep. (and Adminstrator)

linuxfirefox
Re: Installation.

Will this be a Linux-only machine? If so, as noted, create a 1 MiB "BIOS boot partition". The new GPT partitioning scheme means that the stage 2 boot-loader cannot be stashed in the gap between the MBR and the first partition any more, so it needs its own partition.

If you want to run Windows on a non-UEFI machine, it won't support GPT. In that case install Windows first, and Fedora should automatically use the old MBR-partitioning scheme.

Tags
installation