Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th March 2012, 04:46 PM
stobrd Offline

windows_7firefox
touchpad behaviour

Hi,

I tried the KDE and Gnome versions of the F17 Alpha x86_64 and noticed a huge change in the touchpad behavior of my Lenovo G550 compared to previous versions of Fedora.

First, the default acceleration and speed of the pointer is much, much faster and I don't seem to be able to slow it down very much. The settings for touchpad pointer speed acceleration and sensitivity are as slow/low as possible (far left of the sliders) and changing those settings doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I'm not even sure if something changes at all (after reboots and everything).

Second, what is much more annoying, is the (lack of) accuracy. When I stop the movement of my finger on the touchpad, the pointer has a noticeable delay. When a finger rests on the touchpad, even the slightest movement moves the pointer several centimeters at once (with the sensitivity setting still as low as possible). This makes it nearly impossible to point at small items, like checkboxes, or the window corner for resizing.

This seems like a minor problem, but it makes using any GUI nearly impossible.
Did anyone else encounter it? I'm not really sure how to start looking for solutions.

Kind regards,
Patrick

Last edited by stobrd; 17th March 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Tags
acceleration, behaviour, touchpad