Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 24th May 2010, 12:15 PM
Gnodab Offline

linuxsafari
Question Chromium "tooltip" text color is the same as the "tooltip" background color =(

Howdy,

First off, this is my second post here, and I hope that there will be many more. So, hello everyone! Second, my actual issue: when I hover my cursor over things in Chromium (not Chrome; Chromium, if that makes any difference) and a tooltip pops up, it is just a blank black box. Here is the information I think is relevant:

-The reason I put tooltip in quotes is that what I'm about to say makes me question if the System Settings meaning of "tooltip" and the little windows that pop up when hovering over things in Chromium are actually the same thing...

-I'm using the ghost in the shell workspace theme and color scheme.

-Everywhere else, tooltip backgrounds are black and text is a cyan-ish color.

-I've tried changing the tooltip background and text color in the system settings, and that did not work. Doing so will change tooltip colors elsewhere, just not in Chromium.

-However, if I select a different color scheme, chromium follows that tooltip color layout.

-I am very, very confused.

-I don't imagine that anyone has an actual answer for this (relatively trivial) issue, but if someone could even explain where or how I should look for a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

-I just reset to the default color scheme, and had to restart my computer for the changes effect chromium.

Last edited by Gnodab; 24th May 2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: more info
Old 29th February 2012, 06:37 AM
undoIT Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Chromium "tooltip" text color is the same as the "tooltip" background color =(

I'm having the exact same issue: KDE 4.6 - 4.8.

I like to use dark themes but then the chromium tooltips are completely black. If you found a fix for this, please let me know.

Tags
background, chromium, color, text, tooltip