Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 27th February 2012, 11:38 AM
Boricua Offline

linuxfirefox
New Bluetooth Keyboard: Unable to Enter Passphrase With Latests Kernels

Hi, as the title says, I just replaced my Microsoft wireless keyboard with a new one by Logitech and now I can't enter my passphrase for my encrypted system if I boot it with the two latest kernels. I can by booting with kernel 3.1.7-1. I can use the keyboard up to Grub level. It is when I reach Plymouth's prompt for my passphrase after selecting one of the two latest kernels that my new keyboard stops working. I suppose I need to change some parameter either in the newest kernels, Dracut or Plymouth itself. Any ideas? Thansk in advance.
Old 27th February 2012, 12:08 PM
JEO Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: New Bluetooth Keyboard: Unable to Enter Passphrase With Latests Kernels

Does the same thing happen if you disable plymouth (remove the keyword rhgb from the kernel command line)?
Old 27th February 2012, 01:11 PM
Boricua Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: New Bluetooth Keyboard: Unable to Enter Passphrase With Latests Kernels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEO View Post
Does the same thing happen if you disable plymouth (remove the keyword rhgb from the kernel command line)?
Hi JEO, I tried you suggestion, but unfortunately didn't work. I deleted rhgb and booted into luks prompt without Plymouth, but got no response .

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

As a follow-up, I took my wife's usb keyboard and plugged it to my machine. I was able to enter the luks passphrase without problems while booting latest kernel 3.2.7-1 with this keyboard (while keeping my new wireless also connected). Once boot started, I removed my wife's keyboard and, after reaching the desktop, my new keyboard was fully operational.

Tags
bluetooth, enter, kernels, keyboard, latests, passphrase, unable