Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th February 2012, 10:33 PM
Adunaic Offline

linuxfirefox
Scripting for a fresh install.

I have just had to do a fresh install and found my self tweaking many of the features I always do. I was wondering if any of them are scriptable. Though the process of doing them one by one and scanning for recently modified files I was able to deduce some of them. The others I am not sure on, below is a list of some of the things I tweak, any suggestions on how to automate any of them would be good.

- Change <Caps Lock> to be an additional <Ctrl>. [DONE]
- Change font size to 9 and all fonts to Sans or Mono (usually done via gnome-tweak-tool). [NEARLY]
- Install and activate a few gnome-shell extentions. [DONE]
- Set eth0 to 'connect automatically'.
- Add a wireless key for my home network.
- Install some firefox extentions.

I appreciate this is a lot and could/should be in separate threads. Any help is much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Okay I have found some of the fonts:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface document-font-name "Sans 9"
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface monospace-font-name "Monospace 9"
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface font-name "Sans 9"

I am still missing the commands for:
- Window title font
- Antialiasing

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Cap locks -> ctrl is:
gsettings set org.gnome.libgnomekbd.keyboard options "['ctrl\tctrl:nocaps']"

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Enabling extentions:

gsettings set org.gnome.shell enabled-extensions ['alternative-status-menu@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com', 'remove-accessibility-icon@martin-weusten.de', 'places-menu@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com']

Tags
fresh, install, scripting