<---- template headericclude ----->
Lockdown desktop functionality, Fedora 16
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lockdown desktop functionality, Fedora 16

I have tried to do lockdown gnome desktop fuctionality, but it's not working from what I can see. I have tried to do the following changes:

Using gconf-editor:
    Desktop/Gnome/Lockdown, ticked the Disable Command line icon to disable access to command line for example using Alt + F2 or to the terminal window.

As well tried to tick the following.
    Desktop/Gnome/Lockdown/Disable user switching
    Desktop/Gnome/Lockdown/Disable print setup.
    Desktop/Gnome/Lockdown/Disable Lock screen.
    Logged out and in again, but I'm still able to for example lock screen, open f.ex. the gnome terminal window or use Alt + F2 to open the command window.
    I was further not able to enter the command window applet id in disabled_applets as I do not have the apps/panel/global key in gconf-editor, panel and panel/global is missing.
    I have further tried to enter these lockdown options by using the gconftool-2 as well. The following changes:
    Tried as well to do these changes globally as follows changing in the mandatory file:

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:read:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_user_switching true

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:read:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_print_setup true

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:read:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_printing true

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:read:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_lock_screen true

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:read:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_command_line true

I have also tried to include the following in disabled_applets to remove access to the run command Pressing Alt + F2:
    gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --set --type list –list-type string /apps/panel/global/disabled_applets "[OAFIID:GNOME_MiniCommanderApplet]"

This is however as well ignored. Note further that I did not have path apps/panel/global starting gconf-editor. Panel/global was missing. After using the command above I did get the path for user root. Looking at disabled_applets I do however get missing schema message, and I can still use Alt + F2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lockdown desktop functionality, Fedora 16

# lockdown software
    yum -y install pessulus