Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th February 2012, 03:20 AM
Wayne Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
Hong Kong

Decided I need a short break so I'm going to Hong Kong for a few days from March 12! Haven't been there since 1981 or 1982 so I'm sure it's changed a tad Looking forward to going to Marks & Spencer and a Doctor Martens shop. Want some 8 hole ox blood colour made in England boots! They're twice the price of the UK here! Not so keen on the made in China/Thailand/Wherever cherry coloured boots, even though they're cheaper

Got myself a Tamron 18-200mm zoom lens for my Canon. Really good price and just what I needed for my trip!
Old 25th February 2012, 03:37 AM
tox

windows_7firefox
Re: Hong Kong

would love to go to Hong Kong but i aint got the $$$$$$ to fly there an back, let alone accomadation have a good time there. think as far as i could afford to go and thats to Thialand and back
Old 25th February 2012, 03:40 AM
sea Offline
"Shells" (of a sub world)

linuxfirefox

Xièxie for sharing.

Hope you're not one of those tourists that mainly eat burger king, mc donalds, wendys, pizza hut as main dishes and the only 'authentic' spring rolls you get are from the guǎn you have a room.

Oh and after your nice announcment of your zoom lense, we're expecting to see some nice panoramic pictures from (you're on the top of) some towers

EDIT:
不用客气... hmm need chinese fonts again, thx for reminding.

Last edited by sea; 25th February 2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old 25th February 2012, 03:47 AM
Wayne Offline

linuxubuntufirefox

>sea

I don't have a head for heights but I'll do my best to take some nice shots. Will not be eating any junk food while I'm there, the biggest reason is I have to keep my weight under 70Kg!

>tox

Was thinking about Thailand but I didn't want to fly too far. I last went there in 1980! Recently keep hearing about civil unrest there so that was another reason not to go.
Old 25th February 2012, 04:01 AM
tox

windows_7firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
>sea

I don't have a head for heights but I'll do my best to take some nice shots. Will not be eating any junk food while I'm there, the biggest reason is I have to keep my weight under 70Kg!

>tox

Was thinking about Thailand but I didn't want to fly too far. I last went there in 1980! Recently keep hearing about civil unrest there so that was another reason not to go.
i didnt know about that, my sisters Husbands Brother and his Asain wife went to Thialand recently
Old 25th February 2012, 04:02 AM
Evil_Bert Offline
Retired Again - Administrator

linuxfirefox

I remember Hong Kong fondly. I was there in '91. It seems a lot of the great bars are gone - I was just looking up Scotties and it seems it closed long ago.

It doesn't matter who you are, when you arrive in HK, you are just another punter, or at least that's the way it used to be.

Have fun.
Old 25th February 2012, 04:14 AM
Wayne Offline

linuxubuntufirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Bert View Post
I remember Hong Kong fondly. I was there in '91. It seems a lot of the great bars are gone - I was just looking up Scotties and it seems it closed long ago.

It doesn't matter who you are, when you arrive in HK, you are just another punter, or at least that's the way it used to be.

Have fun.
Looking forward to going to the Hong Kong Brew House. I hear they serve free peanuts and during happy hour, if you order 2 of the same beers you get one more free!

http://is.gd/jKDPZP

East End Brewery....

Last edited by Wayne; 25th February 2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old 25th February 2012, 04:49 AM
tox

windows_7firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Looking forward to going to the Hong Kong Brew House. I hear they serve free peanuts and during happy hour, if you order 2 of the same beers you get one more free!
thats not bad, specially through Happy House.. but they ( the kitchen ) in the pub i go to where i live serve Pizza's and other stuff juswt about every friday Night
Old 25th February 2012, 05:54 AM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager

linuxfirefox

Ah a vacation! How nice it sounds Enjoy Mr. Wayne!

As tox said, I would love to go somewhere too - but $$$$?!