Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th February 2012, 10:16 PM
JDDurrant Offline

macossafari
Belkin USB Wi-Fi Dongle

I am using Fedora 16 32bit and I am having trouble getting my Belkin F7D 1101 v1 to work. My wireless router is at the other end of the house and the only way I can connect to the Internet is by connecting the computer to my Mac with an ethernet cable. Are there any drivers I could get hold of for my Wi-Fi dongle? And could you be specific if you have a solution? I'm new to Fedora because I decided to switch from Ubuntu when 11.10 came out.
Old 21st February 2012, 01:22 AM
PabloTwo Offline
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

linuxfirefox
Re: Belkin USB Wi-Fi Dongle

It would help anyone attempting to resolve your wireless driver issue if you could identify the actual chipset used in the wireless dongle. A quick search on Google tells me it's probably a realtech rtl8192su, but if you could post the output of the command lsusb, with the dongle plugged in, it should help identify/confirm which chipset you have.
Old 21st February 2012, 06:08 PM
JDDurrant Offline

linuxsafari
Re: Belkin USB Wi-Fi Dongle

I found something: http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/R8712U.html Could I have a bit of help installing this driver on my Fedora 16 32bit system? Just a list of the correct Terminal commands will help a lot.

Tags
belkin, dongle, usb, wifi