I finally was able to make the step to linux since I never game on my laptop and dove into the deep with Fedora as distro. Some people I know also use it but I don't see them soo much to ask them questions about Fedora. Some questions are explained differently on websites or not noob-friendly enough so here I go;
- I've got a MSI laptop with a GT 540M video card. Do I need to install any drivers or not? On windows it supported the Optimus technology (only using the nvidia when needed, otherwise the onboard card). I found this on the internet, but don't know if it's the safe best way: http://www.if-not-true-then-false.co...ouveau-driver/
- Can Fedora go into hibernation when I close my laptop? and vice versa
- I want to look into the shared folders on my windows gaming pc (1TB movies ) but can't get it to work with samba. Do I even need samba?
- Are there some nice multi touchpad settings I can adjust? I use GNOME where I can only choose to scroll with my touchpad and click, but I want two-fingers as middle mouse button.
- EDIT: Are there some visual effects available for GNOME 3? Like when I move a window, it blurs a little etc
At least thanks for reading all this! Grtz Guido