Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 15th December 2011, 01:54 AM
Chilly Willy Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Reg: Howto Multiseat configuration on F14

Another solution that comes to mind on what you wrote is to set up a client - server network. With the same shares on the server, you'd be doing basically the same thing you mentioned.

For me, this is mainly an experiment (play time). I just want to see how it works. I've done the other stuff...

And while we're mentioning things that would be nice to have, I'd like to see voice recognition & synthesis be the norm. I had it on a Commodore 64 & it worked quite well. So if THEY can do it, I see no reason why by now with today's technology why it CAN'T be the norm. (btw: this is also one of my next experiments)

By its very nature, Windows is a PANE!

Last edited by Chilly Willy; 15th December 2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 15th December 2011, 04:46 AM
ananthavel Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

@ chilly,
Im not aware that plugable drivers will be of universal, and I too will try implementing with normal USB dvcs later this on vacation.
Let me know if you succeed first.
Also, client server network needs number of systems equal to number of users. but thats not the case for Multiseat. Im using 6CPU with Ubuntu multiseat for 12 Users, which reduces even my network cabling atleast.

@ flying fsck
I agree with synic, as i dont have much space to use new PC, where multiseat reduces the space, Electricity cost, less carbon footprint exhaust, etc.
Old 15th December 2011, 06:06 AM
flyingfsck Offline

linuxfirefox

You will find that a multi-seat system is hard to set up, doesn't work particularly well, doesn't save significant space and doesn't cost any less. I also tried it years ago. The fact that nobody uses it, should be an alert...
Old 18th February 2012, 01:32 PM
mahbod Offline

linuxchrome

Hi I have configured fedora14 for multi-seat (2 seats). it works very well.
be aware:
gdm 2.2 or later does not support multiseat. so I had to use kdm configuring kdmrc
configuring xorg.conf is as usual in multiseat.
I wish I could use Xephyre to extend the seate to 4 with a single graphic card and an on-board intel graphic card. But it take some time which I cannot afford. could any body be of help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthavel View Post
Hi Synic.
Im not successful with fedora 14 multiseat Yet, still im using ubuntu 9.04 for my multiseat. due to some work pressure i didnot try fedora multiseat for past few months, have to try it with fedora 16, as i heard fedora supports multiseat support by default.

Also, i read as far now fedora supports multiseat only for pluggable device.

let me know if you are successful in setting up multiseat in fedora 16.

Regards,
Ananth

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Hi Beaker,
have u attained fedora multiseat? if yes pls let me know on how tos.

regards,
ananth
Old 18th February 2012, 01:45 PM
jpollard Online

linuxfirefox

Accessing the same documents isn't a problem. Just use NFS to share them from a server. You can also share the login information by several techniques - LDAP is likely the most flexible.

NFS is the traditional method of sharing data going back about 20 years.

There is another advantage to separate systems and that is that the load of one user is isolated from the load a different user imposes on the same system.

Tags
configuration, f14, howto, multiseat, reg