Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 10th February 2012, 10:31 PM
raveit65 Offline

linuxfirefox
Smile MATE-Desktop for fedora

Hi,
I've building rpm's of the MATE desktop for fedora 16 and provide them in own unofficially repo.
MATE is a fork of gnome2.

After that you've a minimal save Mate deskop and 4 new repos.
- mate-desktop-fedora
- mate-desktop-fedora-updates
- mate-desktop-fedora-updates-testing
- mate-desktop-fedora-new-applications-testing

The last last repo isn't enabeled as default. You have to enable it in the yum configuration.

I've used fedora spec files as based for my rpm's. So i think they are fedora compatible.

If you find problems or bugs pls post them in the MATE forum if it's more mate specific otherwise here.

Enjoy the MATE feeling

New since 20.06.2012 --Denx-OS
There is a respin of fc17 which comes with Mate-Desktop as the default desktop.
see this topic for instructions.

have fun

UPDATE 16.01.2013

Additional MATE repository for fedora 18

In the last 2 month i was thinking a lot in which form i do the release for f18.
I decided not to do a full release against official fedora Mate-Desktop for f18, because in the end it is double work.
And i prefer to have more beach, sun, girls and beer the next year

I know the f18 mate release is far away frrom perfect, a little buggy and not complete.
Also they used Mate-1.5.x, which is an development release.
My second thougt to release an stable 1.4.0 release which you know from f16/f17 makes also no sense, because if Mate release 1.6 in maybe march, i have to update too.
And in the end it's double work again.

The best solution in my eyes is to provide an extra repo which include additional MATE packages.
a) additional package from the community
b) official packages from Mate which aren't build in fedora yet.

Package list:

- caja-terminal
- gnome-colors-icon-theme
- mate-color-manager
- mate-disk-utility (palimpset fork)
- mate-nettool
- python-caja
- mate-mplayer

Installattion:
Code:
yum install https://dl.dropbox.com/u/105479527/Mate-Desktop/fedora-release-extra-18/mate-desktop-fedora/noarch/mate-desktop-extra-release-18-1.fc18.noarch.rpm
You can install the packages via yum yet. I also add a group install information which installs all packages except mate-mplayer (rpmfusion needed)
Code:
yum groupinstall mate-desktop-extra
The extra repo based on mate-1.5 packages and is full compatible to fedora's mate-desktop.

I've bring back compiz-0.88 in fedora f18 repos and they are hopefully available the next week in updates-testing.

I hope this is also a compromise for you and you will use the repo.

Have fun

Update 01.06.2013

Additional MATE repository for fedora 19

This is an additional reop for forthcoming fedora 19 release, which includes community packages which aren't in fedora's official repo's.
They are full compatible with MATE-1.6 and fedora's MATE packages.

Package list:
-- caja-terminal
Caja Terminal is a terminal embedded in Caja, the MATE's file browser.
It is always open in the current folder, and follows the navigation
(like an automated "cd" command).

-- mate-color-manager
mate-color-manager is a session framework that makes it easy to manage, install
and generate color profiles in the MATE desktop.

-- mate-disk-utility
This package contains the Palimpsest disk management application.
Palimpsest supports partitioning, file system creation, encryption,
RAID, SMART monitoring, etc.

-- mate-mplayer
MATE MPlayer is a simple GUI for MPlayer. It is intended to be a nice tight
player and provide a simple and clean interface to MPlayer. MATE MPlayer has
a rich API that is exposed via DBus. Using DBus you can control a single or
multiple instances of MATE MPlayer from a single command.
This package provides a full-featured binary.

-- mate-nettool
MATE Nettool is a front-end to various networking command line
tools, like ping, netstat, ifconfig, whois, traceroute, finger.

-- gnome-colors-icon-theme (useful for mate-themes-extras)

-- python-caja (needed for caja-terminal)

Installation:

Code:
yum install https://dl.dropbox.com/u/105479527/Mate-Desktop/fedora-release-extra-19/mate-desktop-fedora/noarch/mate-desktop-extra-release-19-1.fc19.noarch.rpm
Now you can install the packages via yum. I also add a group install information which installs all packages except mate-mplayer (rpmfusion needed)

Code:
Feel free to test and use those packages.

update 06.06.2013:

Do you wanna quick help?
Pls join us at freenode irc, chanel #fedora-mate .

ubdate 27.07.2013

caja-dropbox is now available at rpmfusion-nonfree for f19/f18/f20

update 21.09.2013

more moves to fedora repos.
- caja-actions
- mate-themes-extras
- gtk-smooth-engine
- mate-icon-theme-faenza
- faience-icon-theme

update 24.12.2013

Merry Christmas

Additional MATE repository for fedora 20

This is an additional reop for fedora 20 release, which includes community packages which aren't in fedora's official repo's.
They are full compatible with MATE-1.6 and fedora's MATE packages.

Package list:

-- mate-color-manager

-- mate-disk-utility

-- mate-mplayer

Installation:

Code:
yum install https://dl.dropbox.com/u/105479527/Mate-Desktop/fedora-release-extra-20/mate-desktop-fedora/noarch/mate-desktop-extra-release-20-1.fc20.noarch.rpm
Now you can install the packages via yum. I also add a group install information which installs all packages except mate-mplayer (rpmfusion needed)

Code:

New 2014.02.13

new package mate-accountsdialog

Mate-accountsdialog is based on accounts-dialog from f14 and use accountsservice for managing accounts.

Features:
- add/remove accounts
- editing passwords
- avatars or pictures can be added
- use polkit authorization
- account types can be changed
- change session language if gdm is used
- systemd or consolekit support for tracking session infos

Package is available in extra repo, feel free to test it.

News: 2014-03-16

Additional MATE repository for fedora 21

This is an additional reop for fedora 21 release, which includes community packages which aren't in fedora's official repo's.
They are full compatible with MATE-1.8 and fedora's MATE packages in rawhide.

News:
- all packages are ported to yelp-tools if thes have a help section, in result the help entries are working now.

Package list:

-- mate-color-manager

-- mate-disk-utility

-- mate-mplayer

- mate-accountsdialog
Mate-accountsdialog is based on accounts-dialog from f14 and use accountsservice for managing accounts.
Features:
- add/remove accounts
- editing passwords
- avatars or pictures can be added
- use polkit authorization
- account types can be changed
- change session language if gdm is used
- systemd or consolekit support for tracking session infos

Installation:

Code:
yum install https://dl.dropbox.com/u/105479527/Mate-Desktop/fedora-release-extra-21/mate-desktop-fedora/noarch/mate-desktop-extra-release-21-1.fc21.noarch.rpm

Code:

News: 2014-07-28

Fedora 20 is updated to Mate-1.8
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/upda...35b2a019560fa3

Karma is welcome

I expected any regressions to update Mate-1.6 to Mate-1.8, exept that:

- we switch completely to pulseaudio, in result the mate-gstreamer-applet will gone.

- mate-character-map is droped in 1.8.x

Last edited by raveit65; 28th July 2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Mate-1.8 for f20
Old 10th February 2012, 11:53 PM
bob Offline
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox
Re: MATE Desktop for fedora 16

moved to Guides & Soltutions

Thanks for your efforts. I hope you'll soon have members testing and commenting on them.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 11th February 2012, 08:01 AM
Dangermouse Offline
Administrator - (On Leave)

linuxfirefox

Welcome to the forum,

I have just ben trying it and i am very impressed, i now have a practical desktop again, if there is anything i can do to help you (mirror, add to autoplus etc..) then just pm me.

(i think this is worthy of a sticky)
Old 11th February 2012, 10:33 AM
leigh123linux

linuxfirefox

I tried it for a while but removed it as the srpm's weren't available for inspection.
Old 11th February 2012, 03:05 PM
raveit65 Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh123linux View Post
I tried it for a while but removed it as the srpm's weren't available for inspection.
Oh, my fault.
There was a mistake in the repo files I've up load a new mate-desktop-release rpm which correct the error in mate-desktop-fedora-updates.
Code:
yum install http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49862637/Mate-desktop/mate-desktop-fedora/releases/16/noarch/mate-desktop-release-16-5.fc16.noarch.rpm
Now it's possible to download the srpm's with yumdownloader.
I'm really interessed if you want to inspect the srpm's.
Because it's the first time that i've build massive rpm's and create a repo.

thanks

Last edited by raveit65; 4th March 2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11th February 2012, 03:23 PM
leigh123linux

linuxfirefox

Ok

Code:
Total                                                                                                                                                                               364 kB/s |  96 MB     04:29     
Running Transaction Check
Running Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/share/xml/mallard/1.0/mallard.rnc from install of mate-doc-utils-stylesheets-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-stylesheets-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/share/xml/mallard/1.0/mallard.rng from install of mate-doc-utils-stylesheets-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-stylesheets-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/share/pkgconfig/xml2po.pc from install of mate-doc-utils-stylesheets-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/bin/xml2po from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/__init__.py from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/__init__.py from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/__init__.pyc from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/__init__.pyc from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/__init__.pyo from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/__init__.pyo from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/basic.py from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/basic.pyc from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/basic.pyo from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/docbook.py from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/docbook.pyc from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/docbook.pyo from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/gs.py from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/gs.pyc from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/gs.pyo from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/mallard.py from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/mallard.pyc from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/mallard.pyo from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/ubuntu.py from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/ubuntu.pyc from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/ubuntu.pyo from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/xhtml.py from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/xhtml.pyc from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2po/modes/xhtml.pyo from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
  file /usr/share/man/man1/xml2po.1.gz from install of mate-doc-utils-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch conflicts with file from package gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch

Error Summary
-------------

[root@main_pc leigh]# rpm -e gnome-doc-utils-stylesheets --test
error: Failed dependencies:
    gnome-doc-utils-stylesheets = 0.20.6-1.fc16 is needed by (installed) gnome-doc-utils-0.20.6-1.fc16.noarch
[root@main_pc leigh]# rpm -e gnome-doc-utils --test
error: Failed dependencies:
    gnome-doc-utils >= 0.3.2 is needed by (installed) gnome-desktop3-devel-3.2.1-2.fc16.x86_64
[root@main_pc leigh]# rpm -e gnome-desktop3-devel --test
Why is mate-doc-utils and mate-doc-utils-stylesheets required?
I can't live without gnome-desktop3-devel
Old 11th February 2012, 03:29 PM
leigh123linux

linuxfirefox

I have also found another small issue with three packages that have broken scriptlets

Code:
Installed size: 288 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Erasing    : mate-backgrounds-1.1.0-2.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                            1/58 
  Erasing    : mate-icon-theme-legacy-1.1.1-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                      2/58 
  Erasing    : mate-panel-1.1.1-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                  3/58 
  Erasing    : libmateui-1.1.2-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                   4/58 
  Erasing    : mate-accountsdialog-0.6-3.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           5/58 
  Erasing    : 1:pluma-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                     6/58 
  Erasing    : mate-panel-libs-1.1.1-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                             7/58 
  Erasing    : libmatecomponentui-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                          8/58 
  Erasing    : libmate-1.1.3-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                     9/58 
  Erasing    : mate-power-manager-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                         10/58 
  Erasing    : atril-caja-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 11/58 
  Erasing    : atril-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                      12/58 
Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package mate-terminal-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64
  Erasing    : libmateweather-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                             13/58 
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.N3xTmf: line 6: syntax error: unexpected end of file
error: %preun(mate-terminal-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: mate-terminal-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64: erase failed
  Erasing    : engrampa-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                   14/58 
  Erasing    : mate-media-apps-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                            15/58 
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/mateconf/schemas/engrampa.schemas"
Failed to open `/etc/mateconf/schemas/engrampa.schemas': No such file or directory
Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package eom-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64
  Erasing    : libmatekbd-capplet-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                         16/58 
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.VD3yXx: line 6: syntax error: unexpected end of file
error: %preun(eom-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: eom-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64: erase failed
  Erasing    : mate-media-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 17/58 
  Erasing    : mate-vfs-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                   18/58 
  Erasing    : mate-system-monitor-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                        19/58 
  Erasing    : caja-image-converter-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                       20/58 
  Erasing    : mate-session-xsession-1.1.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      21/58 
  Erasing    : mate-session-1.1.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                               22/58 
  Erasing    : mate-control-center-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                        23/58 
  Erasing    : mate-settings-daemon-1.1.0-4.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                       24/58 
  Erasing    : marco-1.1.0-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                      25/58 
  Erasing    : libmatekbd-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 26/58 
  Erasing    : mate-dialogs-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                               27/58 
  Erasing    : mate-notification-daemon-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                   28/58 
  Erasing    : libmatenotify-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                              29/58 
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/mateconf/schemas/mate-notification-daemon.schemas"
Failed to open `/etc/mateconf/schemas/mate-notification-daemon.schemas': No such file or directory
  Erasing    : mate-conf-gtk-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                              30/58 
  Erasing    : caja-1.1.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                       31/58 
  Erasing    : caja-extensions-1.1.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                            32/58 
  Erasing    : mate-desktop-1.1.0-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                               33/58 
  Erasing    : mate-conf-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                  34/58 
  Erasing    : libmatecomponent-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           35/58 
  Erasing    : pygtksourceview-2.10.1-3.fc15.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           36/58 
  Erasing    : atril-djvu-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 37/58 
  Erasing    : atril-dvi-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                  38/58 
  Erasing    : mate-keyring-pam-1.1.0-3.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           39/58 
  Erasing    : mate-icon-theme-1.1.1-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                            40/58 
  Erasing    : mate-control-center-filesystem-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                             41/58 
  Erasing    : desktop-backgrounds-compat-16.0.0-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                42/58 
Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package ffmpegthumbnailer-caja-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch
  Erasing    : mate-mime-data-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                             43/58 
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ikoTIK: line 6: syntax error: unexpected end of file
error: %preun(ffmpegthumbnailer-caja-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: ffmpegthumbnailer-caja-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch: erase failed
  Erasing    : mate-common-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                                44/58 
  Erasing    : mate-keyring-1.1.0-3.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                               45/58 
  Erasing    : libmatekeyring-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                             46/58 
  Erasing    : atril-libs-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 47/58 
  Erasing    : gtksourceview2-2.11.2-6.fc15.x86_64                                                                                                                                                            48/58 
  Erasing    : mate-corba-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 49/58 
  Erasing    : mate-menus-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 50/58 
  Erasing    : mate-polkit-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                51/58 
  Erasing    : ImageMagick-6.7.0.10-4.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                             52/58 
  Erasing    : vte-0.28.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                       53/58 
  Erasing    : libmatecanvas-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                              54/58 
  Erasing    : mate-accountsservice-0.6.15-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      55/58 

Removed:
  ImageMagick.x86_64 0:6.7.0.10-4.fc16            atril.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                           atril-caja.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                         atril-djvu.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                
  atril-dvi.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                 atril-libs.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                      caja.x86_64 0:1.1.2-2.fc16                               caja-extensions.x86_64 0:1.1.2-2.fc16           
  caja-image-converter.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16      desktop-backgrounds-compat.noarch 0:16.0.0-1.fc16     engrampa.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                           gtksourceview2.x86_64 0:2.11.2-6.fc15           
  libmate.x86_64 0:1.1.3-1.fc16                   libmatecanvas.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                   libmatecomponent.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                   libmatecomponentui.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16        
  libmatekbd.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                libmatekbd-capplet.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16              libmatekeyring.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                     libmatenotify.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16             
  libmateui.x86_64 0:1.1.2-1.fc16                 libmateweather.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                  marco.x86_64 0:1.1.0-2.fc16                              mate-accountsdialog.x86_64 0:0.6-3.fc16         
  mate-accountsservice.x86_64 0:0.6.15-2.fc16     mate-backgrounds.noarch 0:1.1.0-2.fc16                mate-common.noarch 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                        mate-conf.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                 
  mate-conf-gtk.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16             mate-control-center.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16             mate-control-center-filesystem.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16     mate-corba.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                
  mate-desktop.x86_64 0:1.1.0-2.fc16              mate-dialogs.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                    mate-icon-theme.noarch 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                    mate-icon-theme-legacy.noarch 0:1.1.1-1.fc16    
  mate-keyring.x86_64 0:1.1.0-3.fc16              mate-keyring-pam.x86_64 0:1.1.0-3.fc16                mate-media.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                         mate-media-apps.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16           
  mate-menus.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                mate-mime-data.noarch 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                  mate-notification-daemon.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16           mate-panel.x86_64 0:1.1.1-2.fc16                
  mate-panel-libs.x86_64 0:1.1.1-2.fc16           mate-polkit.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                     mate-power-manager.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                 mate-session.x86_64 0:1.1.2-2.fc16              
  mate-session-xsession.x86_64 0:1.1.2-2.fc16     mate-settings-daemon.x86_64 0:1.1.0-4.fc16            mate-system-monitor.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                mate-vfs.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                  
  pluma.x86_64 1:1.1.0-1.fc16                     pygtksourceview.x86_64 0:2.10.1-3.fc15                vte.x86_64 0:0.28.2-2.fc16                              

Failed:
  eom.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                                   ffmpegthumbnailer-caja.noarch 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                                   mate-terminal.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                                  

Complete!
[root@main_pc leigh]#

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packa...iptletSnippets
Old 11th February 2012, 03:43 PM
raveit65 Offline

linuxfirefox

Some packages have new names in MATE.

-- caja > nautilus
-- marco > metacity
-- atril > evince
-- engrampa > file-roller
-- eom > eog
-- mdm > gdm
-- matecomponent > libbonobo
-- mate-conf > gnome-conf
-- mate-corba > ORBit2
-- mate-character-map > gucharmap
-- pymatecorba > pyorbit
-- idol > totem
-- bastile > seahorse
-- mnote > gnote
-- propono > vinagre

In most package names gnome is replaced with mate, so it's easy to know what they do.
Old 11th February 2012, 03:48 PM
leigh123linux

linuxfirefox

Quote:
I have also found another small issue with three packages that have broken scriptlets

Code:
Installed size: 288 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Erasing    : mate-backgrounds-1.1.0-2.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                            1/58 
  Erasing    : mate-icon-theme-legacy-1.1.1-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                      2/58 
  Erasing    : mate-panel-1.1.1-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                  3/58 
  Erasing    : libmateui-1.1.2-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                   4/58 
  Erasing    : mate-accountsdialog-0.6-3.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           5/58 
  Erasing    : 1:pluma-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                     6/58 
  Erasing    : mate-panel-libs-1.1.1-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                             7/58 
  Erasing    : libmatecomponentui-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                          8/58 
  Erasing    : libmate-1.1.3-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                     9/58 
  Erasing    : mate-power-manager-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                         10/58 
  Erasing    : atril-caja-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 11/58 
  Erasing    : atril-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                      12/58 
Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package mate-terminal-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64
  Erasing    : libmateweather-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                             13/58 
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.N3xTmf: line 6: syntax error: unexpected end of file
error: %preun(mate-terminal-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: mate-terminal-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64: erase failed
  Erasing    : engrampa-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                   14/58 
  Erasing    : mate-media-apps-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                            15/58 
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/mateconf/schemas/engrampa.schemas"
Failed to open `/etc/mateconf/schemas/engrampa.schemas': No such file or directory
Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package eom-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64
  Erasing    : libmatekbd-capplet-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                         16/58 
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.VD3yXx: line 6: syntax error: unexpected end of file
error: %preun(eom-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: eom-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64: erase failed
  Erasing    : mate-media-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 17/58 
  Erasing    : mate-vfs-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                   18/58 
  Erasing    : mate-system-monitor-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                        19/58 
  Erasing    : caja-image-converter-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                       20/58 
  Erasing    : mate-session-xsession-1.1.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      21/58 
  Erasing    : mate-session-1.1.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                               22/58 
  Erasing    : mate-control-center-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                        23/58 
  Erasing    : mate-settings-daemon-1.1.0-4.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                       24/58 
  Erasing    : marco-1.1.0-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                      25/58 
  Erasing    : libmatekbd-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 26/58 
  Erasing    : mate-dialogs-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                               27/58 
  Erasing    : mate-notification-daemon-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                   28/58 
  Erasing    : libmatenotify-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                              29/58 
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/mateconf/schemas/mate-notification-daemon.schemas"
Failed to open `/etc/mateconf/schemas/mate-notification-daemon.schemas': No such file or directory
  Erasing    : mate-conf-gtk-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                              30/58 
  Erasing    : caja-1.1.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                       31/58 
  Erasing    : caja-extensions-1.1.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                            32/58 
  Erasing    : mate-desktop-1.1.0-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                               33/58 
  Erasing    : mate-conf-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                  34/58 
  Erasing    : libmatecomponent-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           35/58 
  Erasing    : pygtksourceview-2.10.1-3.fc15.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           36/58 
  Erasing    : atril-djvu-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 37/58 
  Erasing    : atril-dvi-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                  38/58 
  Erasing    : mate-keyring-pam-1.1.0-3.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           39/58 
  Erasing    : mate-icon-theme-1.1.1-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                            40/58 
  Erasing    : mate-control-center-filesystem-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                             41/58 
  Erasing    : desktop-backgrounds-compat-16.0.0-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                42/58 
Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package ffmpegthumbnailer-caja-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch
  Erasing    : mate-mime-data-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                             43/58 
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ikoTIK: line 6: syntax error: unexpected end of file
error: %preun(ffmpegthumbnailer-caja-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: ffmpegthumbnailer-caja-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch: erase failed
  Erasing    : mate-common-1.1.0-1.fc16.noarch                                                                                                                                                                44/58 
  Erasing    : mate-keyring-1.1.0-3.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                               45/58 
  Erasing    : libmatekeyring-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                             46/58 
  Erasing    : atril-libs-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 47/58 
  Erasing    : gtksourceview2-2.11.2-6.fc15.x86_64                                                                                                                                                            48/58 
  Erasing    : mate-corba-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 49/58 
  Erasing    : mate-menus-1.1.1-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                 50/58 
  Erasing    : mate-polkit-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                51/58 
  Erasing    : ImageMagick-6.7.0.10-4.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                             52/58 
  Erasing    : vte-0.28.2-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                       53/58 
  Erasing    : libmatecanvas-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                              54/58 
  Erasing    : mate-accountsservice-0.6.15-2.fc16.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      55/58 

Removed:
  ImageMagick.x86_64 0:6.7.0.10-4.fc16            atril.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                           atril-caja.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                         atril-djvu.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                
  atril-dvi.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                 atril-libs.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                      caja.x86_64 0:1.1.2-2.fc16                               caja-extensions.x86_64 0:1.1.2-2.fc16           
  caja-image-converter.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16      desktop-backgrounds-compat.noarch 0:16.0.0-1.fc16     engrampa.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                           gtksourceview2.x86_64 0:2.11.2-6.fc15           
  libmate.x86_64 0:1.1.3-1.fc16                   libmatecanvas.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                   libmatecomponent.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                   libmatecomponentui.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16        
  libmatekbd.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                libmatekbd-capplet.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16              libmatekeyring.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                     libmatenotify.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16             
  libmateui.x86_64 0:1.1.2-1.fc16                 libmateweather.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                  marco.x86_64 0:1.1.0-2.fc16                              mate-accountsdialog.x86_64 0:0.6-3.fc16         
  mate-accountsservice.x86_64 0:0.6.15-2.fc16     mate-backgrounds.noarch 0:1.1.0-2.fc16                mate-common.noarch 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                        mate-conf.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                 
  mate-conf-gtk.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16             mate-control-center.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16             mate-control-center-filesystem.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16     mate-corba.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                
  mate-desktop.x86_64 0:1.1.0-2.fc16              mate-dialogs.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                    mate-icon-theme.noarch 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                    mate-icon-theme-legacy.noarch 0:1.1.1-1.fc16    
  mate-keyring.x86_64 0:1.1.0-3.fc16              mate-keyring-pam.x86_64 0:1.1.0-3.fc16                mate-media.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                         mate-media-apps.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16           
  mate-menus.x86_64 0:1.1.1-1.fc16                mate-mime-data.noarch 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                  mate-notification-daemon.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16           mate-panel.x86_64 0:1.1.1-2.fc16                
  mate-panel-libs.x86_64 0:1.1.1-2.fc16           mate-polkit.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                     mate-power-manager.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                 mate-session.x86_64 0:1.1.2-2.fc16              
  mate-session-xsession.x86_64 0:1.1.2-2.fc16     mate-settings-daemon.x86_64 0:1.1.0-4.fc16            mate-system-monitor.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                mate-vfs.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                  
  pluma.x86_64 1:1.1.0-1.fc16                     pygtksourceview.x86_64 0:2.10.1-3.fc15                vte.x86_64 0:0.28.2-2.fc16                              

Failed:
  eom.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                                   ffmpegthumbnailer-caja.noarch 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                                   mate-terminal.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                                  

Complete!
[root@main_pc leigh]#
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packa...iptletSnippets

Ok I can see why your getting the scriptlet errors

Code:
%define gettext_package mate-terminal

%define glib2_version             2.16.0
%define mate_conf_version         1.1.0
%define vte_version             0.27
%define desktop_file_utils_version     0.2.90
%define mateconf_version         1.1.0
%define gtk2_version             2.24
%define glib2_version            1.2.10
%define    vte_version            0.28.2

Summary:     Terminal emulator for MATE
Name:         mate-terminal
Version:     1.1.0
Release:     1%{?dist}
License:     GPLv2+ and GFDL
Group:         User Interface/Desktops
URL:         https://github.com/Perberos/Mate-Desktop-Environment
Source0:     %{name}-%{version}.tar.gz

# mateconftool-2
Requires(pre): mate-conf >= %{mateconf_version}
Requires(post): mate-conf >= %{mateconf_version}
Requires(preun): mate-conf >= %{mateconf_version}

BuildRequires: glib2-devel >= %{glib2_version}
BuildRequires: gtk2-devel >= %{gtk2_version}
# for gtk-builder-convert
BuildRequires: gtk2-devel
BuildRequires: mate-conf-devel >= %{mateconf_version}
BuildRequires: vte-devel >= %{vte_version}
BuildRequires: desktop-file-utils >= %{desktop_file_utils_version}
BuildRequires: gettext
BuildRequires: mate-doc-utils
BuildRequires: intltool
BuildRequires: mate-common
BuildRequires: autoconf automake libtool
BuildRequires: libSM-devel
BuildRequires: scrollkeeper

%description
mate-terminal is a terminal emulator for MATE. It supports translucent
backgrounds, opening multiple terminals in a single window (tabs) and
clickable URLs.

%prep
%setup -q

%build
#let's use the ./autogen.sh hammer for now.
./autogen.sh \
    --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu \
    --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu \
    --target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu \
    --program-prefix= \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --exec-prefix=/usr \
    --bindir=/usr/bin \
    --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --datadir=/usr/share \
    --includedir=/usr/include \
    --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
    --libexecdir=/usr/libexec \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --sharedstatedir=/var/lib \
    --mandir=/usr/share/man \
    --infodir=/usr/share/info \
    --disable-static \
    --with-gtk=2.0

make %{?_smp_mflags}

%install
export MATECONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL=1
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
unset MATECONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL

%find_lang %{gettext_package} --all-name

%post
export MATECONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`mateconftool-2 --get-default-source`
    mateconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule \
    %{_sysconfdir}/mateconf/schemas/mate-terminal.schemas \
    > /dev/null || :

%pre
if [ "$1" -gt 1 ]; then
  mateconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall-rule \
    > /dev/null || :
fi

%preun
if [ "$1" -eq 0 ]; then
    > /dev/null || :

%files -f %{gettext_package}.lang
%defattr(-,root,root,-)

%doc AUTHORS COPYING NEWS README

%{_bindir}/mate-terminal
%{_datadir}/mate-terminal
%{_datadir}/omf/mate-terminal
%{_datadir}/applications/mate-terminal.desktop
%{_sysconfdir}/mateconf/schemas/mate-terminal.schemas
%{_datadir}/mate/help/mate-terminal/*

%changelog
* Wed Jan 04 2012 Wolfgang Ulbrich <info@raveit.de> - 1.1.0-1
- mate-terminal.spec based on gnome-terminal-2.33.5-2.fc15 spec

* Tue Feb 08 2011 Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng@lists.fedoraproject.org> - 2.33.5-2
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Mass_Rebuild

should be
Code:

# mateconftool-2

%description
clickable URLs.

%prep
%setup -q

%build
./autogen.sh \
    --program-prefix= \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --exec-prefix=/usr \
    --bindir=/usr/bin \
    --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --datadir=/usr/share \
    --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --disable-static \
    --with-gtk=2.0

make %{?_smp_mflags}

%install

%post %gconf_schema_upgrade mate-terminal %pre %gconf_schema_prepare mate-terminal %preun %gconf_schema_remove mate-terminal
%defattr(-,root,root,-)

%{_bindir}/mate-terminal

%changelog

* Tue Feb 08 2011 Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng@lists.fedoraproject.org> - 2.33.5-2
Old 11th February 2012, 03:56 PM
leigh123linux

linuxfirefox

Ok this is bad

Code:
%build
./autogen.sh \
    --program-prefix= \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --exec-prefix=/usr \
    --bindir=/usr/bin \
    --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --datadir=/usr/share \
    --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --disable-static \
    --with-gtk=2.0
You have made mistake here and assumed everyone uses 64 bit, try using this for all your srpms instead (use %configure to set up the build variables and just add the unique options) .

Code:
./autogen.sh
%configure           \
    --disable-static \
    --with-gtk=2.0
Old 11th February 2012, 05:12 PM
raveit65 Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Why is mate-doc-utils and mate-doc-utils-stylesheets required?
I can't live without gnome-desktop3-devel
Ok, i changed mate-doc-utils and mate-doc-utils-stylesheets options default to optional in comps-mate-desktop-fc16.xml repo configuration file.
Repo is updated.
But with gnome-desktop3-devel i don't understand.
Code:
rpm -q --whatrequires gnome-desktop3-devel 
Kein Paket benötigt gnome-desktop3-devel
Means no package require gnome-desktop3-devel.

Thx

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Ok this is bad

Code:
%build
./autogen.sh \
    --program-prefix= \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --exec-prefix=/usr \
    --bindir=/usr/bin \
    --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --datadir=/usr/share \
    --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --disable-static \
    --with-gtk=2.0
You have made mistake here and assumed everyone uses 64 bit, try using this for all your srpms instead (use %configure to set up the build variables and just add the unique options) .

Code:
./autogen.sh
%configure           \
    --disable-static \
    --with-gtk=2.0
The reason is that in most mate source packages no configure exits, only a autogen, configure.in or configure.ac file.
So if i started building the rpm's in december i helped me with the autogen command.
But you're right with that spec file you can't build rpm's for i686.
I'll rebuild all the rpm's.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Ok I can see why your getting the scriptlet errors

Code:

# mateconftool-2

%description
clickable URLs.

%prep
%setup -q

%build
./autogen.sh \
    --program-prefix= \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --exec-prefix=/usr \
    --bindir=/usr/bin \
    --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --datadir=/usr/share \
    --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --disable-static \
    --with-gtk=2.0

make %{?_smp_mflags}

%install

%post
    mateconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule \
    > /dev/null || :

%pre
if [ "$1" -gt 1 ]; then
    > /dev/null || :
fi

%preun
if [ "$1" -eq 0 ]; then
    > /dev/null || :

%defattr(-,root,root,-)

%{_bindir}/mate-terminal

%changelog

should be
Code:

# mateconftool-2

%description
clickable URLs.

%prep
%setup -q

%build
./autogen.sh \
    --program-prefix= \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --exec-prefix=/usr \
    --bindir=/usr/bin \
    --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --datadir=/usr/share \
    --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
    --localstatedir=/var \
    --disable-static \
    --with-gtk=2.0

make %{?_smp_mflags}

%install

%post %gconf_schema_upgrade mate-terminal %pre %gconf_schema_prepare mate-terminal %preun %gconf_schema_remove mate-terminal
%defattr(-,root,root,-)

%{_bindir}/mate-terminal

%changelog

I see i have forgt a fi after an if.
Also, will try
%post
%mateconf_schema_upgrade mate-terminal
%pre
%mateconf_schema_prepare mate-terminal
%preun
%mateconf_schema_remove mate-terminal
Old 11th February 2012, 06:34 PM
raveit65 Offline

linuxfirefox

mate-terminal, ffmpegthumbnailer-caja and eom is updated and in mate-desktop-updates.
If you have installed them you've to removed them with

rpm -e <package> --noscripts

But with engrampa i found no errors?

Code:
[rave@mother ~]$ sudo yum install engrampa
Geladene Plugins: changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror, presto, remove-with-
                : leaves, show-leaves, versionlock
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * fedora: ftp.nluug.nl
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.karneval.cz
 * updates: ftp.nluug.nl
 * updates-source: ftp.nluug.nl
Einrichten des Installationsprozess
Löse Abhängigkeiten auf
--> Führe Transaktionsprüfung aus
---> Paket engrampa.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16 markiert, um installiert zu werden
--> Abhängigkeitsauflösung beendet

Abhängigkeiten aufgelöst

================================================================================
 Paket          Arch         Version            Repository                Größe
================================================================================
Installieren:
 engrampa       x86_64       1.1.0-1.fc16       mate-desktop-fedora       1.5 M

Vorgangsübersicht
Installieren     1 Package

Gesamte Downloadgröße: 1.5 M
Installationsgröße: 5.2 M
Ist dies in Ordnung? [j/N] :j
Lade Pakete herunter:
engrampa-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64.rpm                         | 1.5 MB     00:03     
Führe Verarbeitungstest durch
Verarbeitungstest erfolgreich
Führe Verarbeitung durch
  Installieren : engrampa-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                               1/1 

Installiert:
  engrampa.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16                                                

Komplett!
New leaves:
  engrampa.x86_64
[rave@mother ~]$ sudo yum remove engrampa
Einrichten des Entfernungsprozess
Löse Abhängigkeiten auf
---> Paket engrampa.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16 markiert, um gelöscht zu werden

Abhängigkeiten aufgelöst

Paket         Arch        Version              Repository                Größe
Entfernen:
 engrampa      x86_64      1.1.0-1.fc16         @mate-desktop-fedora      5.2 M

Vorgangsübersicht
Remove        1 Package

Lade Pakete herunter:
Führe Verarbeitung durch
  Löschen      : engrampa-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                               1/1 

Entfernt:

Komplett!

Last edited by raveit65; 11th February 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11th February 2012, 06:36 PM
leigh123linux

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveit65 View Post
mate-terminal and eom is updated and in mate-desktop-updates.
But with engrampa i found no errors?

Code:
[rave@mother ~]$ sudo yum install engrampa
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * fedora: ftp.nluug.nl
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.karneval.cz
 * updates: ftp.nluug.nl
 * updates-source: ftp.nluug.nl
Einrichten des Installationsprozess
Löse Abhängigkeiten auf
---> Paket engrampa.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16 markiert, um installiert zu werden

Abhängigkeiten aufgelöst

Paket          Arch         Version            Repository                Größe
Installieren:
 engrampa       x86_64       1.1.0-1.fc16       mate-desktop-fedora       1.5 M

Vorgangsübersicht
Installieren     1 Package

Gesamte Downloadgröße: 1.5 M
Lade Pakete herunter:
engrampa-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64.rpm                         | 1.5 MB     00:03     
Führe Verarbeitung durch
  Installieren : engrampa-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                               1/1 

Installiert:

Komplett!
New leaves:
  engrampa.x86_64
[rave@mother ~]$ sudo yum remove engrampa
Einrichten des Entfernungsprozess
Löse Abhängigkeiten auf
---> Paket engrampa.x86_64 0:1.1.0-1.fc16 markiert, um gelöscht zu werden

Abhängigkeiten aufgelöst

Paket         Arch        Version              Repository                Größe
Entfernen:
 engrampa      x86_64      1.1.0-1.fc16         @mate-desktop-fedora      5.2 M

Vorgangsübersicht
Remove        1 Package

Lade Pakete herunter:
Führe Verarbeitung durch
  Löschen      : engrampa-1.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64                               1/1 

Entfernt:

Komplett!

The other package was ffmpegthumbnailer-caja
Old 12th February 2012, 04:10 PM
desouzaalex Offline

linuxfirefox

raveit65,

I've installed Mate, but GDM didn't autodetect it.

How should I proceed?

- - -

p.s. - If it includes editing xinitr file, please tell me EXACTLY what I should do (since opening it from terminal, for instance).

Last edited by desouzaalex; 12th February 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12th February 2012, 05:33 PM
bob Offline
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox

Desouzaalex, try running this command:
Quote:
yum groupinstall MATE-Desktop
If you copy/pasted the combination from the first post, all you accomplished was creating the repos
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Tags
desktop, fedora, icon, mate, ubuntu