AMD Athlon 3000+, 2GB DDR400 RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7300GT(512MB, AGP), Benq 21.5" LED, 1TB HDD, DVD/CD R/W, FSP Saga II 500W SMPS.
I'm using F16 with Gnome,
The Nouveau drivers were working very smooth with hardly any lag or problems,
After updating the kernel(to 3.1.2), I installed kmod drivers, since then the system performance has degraded badly:-
1. Maximize and minimize takes around 3-4 seconds with 100% CPU usage with the window contents also taking a few seconds to re-fit, also the window animation freezes while maximizing and minimizing.
2. Firefox pages struggle to load and takes around half a minute with 100% CPU usage.
3. Highlighting text also takes 2-3 seconds, erasing text also is also a bit delayed.
4. Apps are taking a bit longer to launch, moving the mouse randomly causes 100% CPU usage, moving the window causes it to freeze on and off as I move it.
5. I've restarted the system multiple times and I've checked System Monitor to make sure its not caused by any application.
6. Low resolution vids are also choppy in VLC, and even in youtube.
Any help would be greatly appreciated .