Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Security and Privacy
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Security and Privacy Sadly, malware, spyware, hackers and privacy threats abound in today's world. Let's be paranoid and secure our penguins, and slam the doors on privacy exploits.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd December 2011, 03:31 AM
cdgary Offline

macossafari
Permanant Automatic ssh login without password

I'm ssh-ing between two machines and entering the passphrase key every time I need to connect to the other machine's ssh server. I added my key to the ssh-agent daemon using the below commands, which allowed me to use ssh one time without using the password, but when I returned back to the machine I originally ssh-ed from it prompted me for my passphrase key again when trying to ssh to the same machine, which totally defeats the point. How can I get the passphrase to hold permanently so I won't have these issues.

Code:
exec ssh-agent /bin/bash
ssh-add $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa
Enter passphrase for /home/user/.ssh/id_dsa:

Tags
automatic, login, password, permanant, ssh