Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th December 2011, 07:21 PM
Discord Offline

windows_7ie
Seeking Graphic Artist for F16 Wallpaper Edit

i was hopin someone out there would help me slightly alter the submarine style wallpaper that come stock with F16 gnome to rearrange the "mosaic tiles" in the backround of the scene to say Fedora.

basicly something like this.

Old 18th December 2011, 08:02 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Seeking Graphic Artist for F16 Wallpaper Edit

It seems like you've got a pretty good start on doing it yourself. Therefore, I offer only this advice: Work in layers, take advantage of the Alpha Channel, get familiar with the gradient tool and the layer mask.
Old 18th December 2011, 09:18 PM
Discord Offline

windows_7ie

thanks for the reply Dan. Ill get to googling this Alpha Channel right away. Prolly wont get to far as i have never been good with graphics for some reason. I get hyper focused on one thing and spend a week trying to accomplish what should only take 5 mins. You gave me a lil boost of confidence tho, so im gonna try it for a few and see what happens.

Aslo id like to say your stickies are hallarious and ive been wanting to make a sig quoting your comments.

One of my fav's is definatly.

There are well over one-hundred-thousand members on this forum, and precious few of us. Therefore, every once in a while, if required, we will clear the barroom with a shotgun first, then take names and excuses later!
Old 18th December 2011, 11:31 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox

It really is easier than it looks. Just load it into the GIMP, and then have a read through this thread:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=271298

Tags
artist, edit, f16, graphic, seeking, wallpaper