Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 11th November 2011, 02:16 PM
Bad2theBone Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Script for configuring ClamAV server on Fedora

Did a fresh install of Fedora 16 and ran the script. All seems to be fine except I get an error message I believe when clamd is first started at boot.

"ERROR: Can't save PID in file /var/run/clamd.clamav/clamd.pid"

I have seen another thread in regards to sendmail daemon startup under systemd is a bit "racy". Is it possible that the same applies to clamd? In which case this should be addressed upstream and not related to this script.

By the way the script is great. It is the 2nd thing I do when on firstboot. First is install rkhunter, then run this script, before I do anything else to the new system.
AMD Phenom II 965 64 X4, MSI 890FXA-GD70 16 GB (4x4GB) 1600 DDR3 RAM Corsair, Video = AMD HD5770 w/1GB VRAM, SATAIII HDD 1 = 640GB, SATAIII HDD 2 = 1.0TB, SATAII HDD 3 = 1.0TB, SATAIII HDD 4 = 1.0TB, SATA 7 = ASUS DVD/CD, SATA 8 = Panasonic BD/DVD/CD RAM, Corsair HX850W, CoolMaster ATCS840 OS = Fedora 20
Old 15th September 2012, 07:45 PM
ArthurDent123 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Script for configuring ClamAV server on Fedora

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, but I am looking for a simple way to get clamd working and, more importantly, to get it working properly. Each time I install it I slog through all the steps that I think are required and still manage to get something wrong or leave something out.

This script seems like the answer to my dreams and indeed I used it quite successfully on F14 and F15.

I have recently installed F17 however and I am a little nervous about using the current (VERSION=0.4 ?) version of the script.

Two things worry me:

1) In the /usr/share/doc/clamav-server-0.97.5/README doc it says: "NEVER use 'clamav' as the user since he can modify the database." yet the script uses clamav as the user; and

2) Since F16 systemd has been the default system and service manager and there is a systemd service file (which I don't understand!) provided with the F17 yum clamav-server package. How hard would it be to modify the script to make it systemd compliant?

Answers to this, or any other suggestions - or simple walk-through guides (relevant for F17) would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Mark
Thanks

Tags
clamav, configure, script, server