Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
  #1  
Old 8th August 2010, 11:59 AM
leigh123linux
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxfedorafirefox
Fedora People Repositories

The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by Fedora contributors. Contact the owners directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla). Thanks and happy hacking!

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 9th August 2010, 01:57 PM
Boricua Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 488
linuxchrome
Re: Fedora People Repositories

I added several of these repos in my yum.repos.d directory, such as Firefox4 and Backports, but they are not showing up in Yumex. Any suggestions ?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10th August 2010, 09:10 AM
RahulSundaram Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,763
linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Hi,

Are you sure they are enabled? What's the output of yum repolist
__________________
Rahul
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10th August 2010, 09:12 AM
leigh123linux
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco_PR View Post
I added several of these repos in my yum.repos.d directory, such as Firefox4 and Backports, but they are not showing up in Yumex. Any suggestions ?
They show up here.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.resized.jpg
Views:	4310
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	19956  
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10th August 2010, 09:26 AM
Boricua Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 488
linuxchrome
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Hi, here is my yum repolist:
Code:
[root@Hogar ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit, remove-with-leaves
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
updates/metalink                                         | 1.9 kB     00:00     
 * fedora: mirrors.ucr.ac.cr
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * updates: mirrors.ucr.ac.cr
Dropbox                                                  |  951 B     00:00     
http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F13/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 : http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F13/repodata/repomd.xml 
Trying other mirror.
flash                                                    | 2.6 kB     00:00     
rpmfusion-free-updates                                   | 2.8 kB     00:00     
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                | 2.8 kB     00:00     
repo id                    repo name                                      status
Dropbox                    Dropbox Repository                                  4
chromium                   Chromium Test Packages                             14
fedora                     Fedora 13 - x86_64                             20,840
flash                      flash                                               1
rpmfusion-free             RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free                   457
rpmfusion-free-updates     RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free - Updates         327
rpmfusion-nonfree          RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree                156
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates  RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree - Updates       57
updates                    Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Updates                    5,531
repolist: 27,387
[root@Hogar ~]#
Just in case, as soon as I added the new repos I started getting the "http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F13/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 : http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F13/repodata/repomd.xml" message you see here for the chromium repo, which I have been already using long before installing the new repos. I did not modified these repo files' contents. For example, this is what I have in the backports repo:
Code:
[fedora-backports]
name=Backported packages from rawhide/unstable releases
baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0


[fedora-backports-noarch]
name=Backported packages from rawhide/unstable releases
baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-$releasever/noarch/
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0


[fedora-backports-source]
name=Backported packages from rawhide/unstable releases - Source packages
baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-$releasever/SRPMS/
enabled=0
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0
And this in the firefox4 repo:
Code:
[fedora-firefox4]
name=Firefox 4 Web Browser
baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/fedora-$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
The other repos with the same issues I added were fedora-cloud and fedora-calibre.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10th August 2010, 09:41 AM
leigh123linux
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco_PR View Post
Hi, here is my yum repolist:
Code:
[root@Hogar ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit, remove-with-leaves
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
updates/metalink                                         | 1.9 kB     00:00     
 * fedora: mirrors.ucr.ac.cr
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * updates: mirrors.ucr.ac.cr
Dropbox                                                  |  951 B     00:00     
http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F13/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 : http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F13/repodata/repomd.xml 
Trying other mirror.
flash                                                    | 2.6 kB     00:00     
rpmfusion-free-updates                                   | 2.8 kB     00:00     
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                | 2.8 kB     00:00     
repo id                    repo name                                      status
Dropbox                    Dropbox Repository                                  4
chromium                   Chromium Test Packages                             14
fedora                     Fedora 13 - x86_64                             20,840
flash                      flash                                               1
rpmfusion-free             RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free                   457
rpmfusion-free-updates     RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free - Updates         327
rpmfusion-nonfree          RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree                156
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates  RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree - Updates       57
updates                    Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Updates                    5,531
repolist: 27,387
[root@Hogar ~]#
Just in case, as soon as I added the new repos I started getting the "http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F13/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 : http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/F13/repodata/repomd.xml" message you see here for the chromium repo, which I have been already using long before installing the new repos. I did not modified these repo files' contents. For example, this is what I have in the backports repo:
Code:
[fedora-backports]
name=Backported packages from rawhide/unstable releases
baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0


[fedora-backports-noarch]
name=Backported packages from rawhide/unstable releases
baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-$releasever/noarch/
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0


[fedora-backports-source]
name=Backported packages from rawhide/unstable releases - Source packages
baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-$releasever/SRPMS/
enabled=0
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0
And this in the firefox4 repo:
Code:
[fedora-firefox4]
name=Firefox 4 Web Browser
baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/fedora-$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
The other repos with the same issues I added were fedora-cloud and fedora-calibre.
You have been getting those errors for over a week (spot moved his repo last week).
Delete the old chromium repo as it's dead now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10th August 2010, 09:44 AM
leigh123linux
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Try

firefox4

Code:
su
curl http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/fedora-firefox4.repo -o /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-firefox4.repo


backports

Code:
su
curl http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-backports.repo -o /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-backports.repo
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10th August 2010, 10:03 AM
Boricua Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 488
linuxchrome
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh123linux View Post
You have been getting those errors for over a week (spot moved his repo last week).
Delete the old chromium repo as it's dead now.
Done, thanks leigh.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM CDT ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh123linux View Post
Try

firefox4

Code:
su
curl http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/fedora-firefox4.repo -o /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-firefox4.repo


backports

Code:
su
curl http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-backports.repo -o /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-backports.repo
Here is what I get:
Code:
[root@Hogar ~]# curl http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/fedora-firefox4.repo -o /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-firefox4.repo
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   208  100   208    0     0    846      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  2337
[root@Hogar ~]# curl http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/lvillani/backports/fedora-backports.repo -o /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-backports.repo
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   718  100   718    0     0   4379      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  9447
[root@Hogar ~]#


---------- Post added at 04:03 AM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM CDT ----------

Hmmm, it appears eliminating the old chromium repo did the trick. The new repos are now showing up :
Code:
[root@Hogar ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit, remove-with-leaves
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * fedora: mirrors.ucr.ac.cr
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * updates: mirrors.ucr.ac.cr
repo id                   repo name                                       status
Dropbox                   Dropbox Repository                                   4
fedora                    Fedora 13 - x86_64                              20,840
fedora-backports          Backported packages from rawhide/unstable relea      3
fedora-backports-noarch   Backported packages from rawhide/unstable relea      1
fedora-chromium           Chromium web browser and deps                        6
fedora-firefox4           Firefox 4 Web Browser                               14
flash                     flash                                                1
rpmfusion-free            RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free                    457
rpmfusion-free-updates    RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free - Updates          327
rpmfusion-nonfree         RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree                 156
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree - Updates        57
updates                   Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Updates                     5,531
repolist: 27,397
[root@Hogar ~]#
Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 6th May 2011, 02:51 AM
tox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxchrome
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Outage: fedorapeople.org (unplanned) - 2011-05-04 21:50 UTC to ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 6th May 2011, 03:40 AM
marko Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Laurel, MD USA
Posts: 6,118
linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

So that explains it, I couldn't reach the spot repo so I gave up and used remi to put firefox4 on my Fedora 14
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 6th May 2011, 03:43 AM
tox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxchrome
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
So that explains it, I couldn't reach the spot repo so I gave up and used remi to put firefox4 on my Fedora 14
yeah i clicked on the repo but got a blank page so i looked in the mailing lists and found that link as i forgot it was gonna go down.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10th September 2011, 05:13 AM
tox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

2 people now doing Gimp 2.7.x development builds? http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/...gimp-unstable/ and http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/luya/gimp/

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

someone needs to help spot out IMO
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10th September 2011, 08:50 AM
RahulSundaram Online
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,763
linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Hi

Aren't you reading fedora devel list? Luya used to do that and now nphillip does
__________________
Rahul
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10th September 2011, 11:08 AM
tox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
Hi

Aren't you reading fedora devel list? Luya used to do that and now nphillip does
yeah i read it every morning and day and or night my time, but i missed that post where that other guy took over from Luya . ( im not subscribed to it, i just read the online Archives )
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11th September 2011, 08:26 AM
tox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora People Repositories

found the post in Question http://lists.fedoraproject.org/piper...er/156359.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What kinds of people use Fedora? dragonbite Fedora Focus 61 19th February 2014 06:16 PM
Fedora people clearer Fedora Focus 2 19th July 2007 02:05 PM
Any bioinformatics people here using Fedora? newbie2fedora Fedora Focus 2 14th July 2005 03:25 AM
Fedora People mhelios News 5 20th February 2004 02:28 AM


Current GMT-time: 05:39 (Thursday, 18-12-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2012, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

FedoraForum is Powered by RedHat
Honfleur Travel Photos on Instagram - Autovia Del Mediterraneo Km 470 Instagram Photos - Crete Photos on Instagram - Panther Stadium - Duncanville Independent School District High School Instagram Photos - Eifelturm, Paris, Frankreich Travel Photos on Instagram