Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th August 2011, 04:21 PM
jmgmad Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Script running error when I tried to start a service

Hello guys, this is my first post here in FedoraForum.

Iīm writing this because I need some tips and support in way to understand why and where is my mistake in a script writing that I want to running in my Fedora (v.14) x32bits.

Iīm doing a configuration of a SAP service which called SAP Router! For this, in opensource operation systems, we need to run this particulary service through a script! This script start this SAP Router service. The bizarre thing here is I already configure this service with exactly the same script in Red Hat (RHEL) and there I didnīt have any problem...

The script is to start the saprourter service and in this script file I put the following statement:

Code:
#
# Start saprouter
# You can automatically start SAProuter when you start the system. In UNIX for example, you would change file /etc/rc.
# saprouter CN=saprouter, OU=0001214237, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE sapserv2
#
#
SRDIR=/usr/sap/saprouter
LOGFILE="usr/sap/saprouter/saprouter_log"
if [ -f $SRDIR/saprouter ] ; then
        echo "Starting SAP Router" | tee -a $LOGFILE
$SRDIR/saprouter -r -R $SRDIR/saprouttab -G $LOGFILE -W 60000 -K "p:CN=saprouter, OU=0001209837, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" \
        | tee -a $LOGFILE &
fi

When I run this script the output is this:

Code:
[root@saprouter sap]# pwd
/usr/sap/saprouter
[root@saprouter saprouter]# ./saprouter_start 
/usr/sap/saprouter/saprouter_start: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `|'
'usr/sap/saprouter/saprouter_start: line 12: `        | tee -a $LOGFILE &

So... can you check the script and if you donīt mind help me in way to understand where is the error... if this error is related to specific syntax Fedora or not...!

Can you help me please?

Thank you,
Kind regards,
jmgmad

Tags
error, running, script, service, start