Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th July 2011, 11:38 AM
rohitk Offline

linuxfirefox
Help to Convert my Fedora 15 DVD

Hi Friends,

I need a little help. I am using UBUNTU. I don't have DVD RW with me. But got a Fedora 15 DVD with me now a installation Disk. Now I want to install that. I don't get how to make this DVD convert to ISO than to USB, so that I can install through USB. There is something called Live USB Creator which I know. But I have Fedora15 DVD, not an ISO file. Now how to convert this installation DVD to ISO file and than to Bootable USB Drive to install on my system. I have P4, IBM, 1GB RAM..

Please help soon..
Old 29th July 2011, 12:50 PM
bonedome Offline

windows_98_nt_2000ie
Re: Help to Convert my Fedora 15 DVD

Hello
this command should make an iso (from your dvd) that can then be used to install from a usb memory stick
Code:
dd if=/dev/dvdrom of=~/fedora15.iso
unetbootin can also be used to create a usb installer.
Old 29th July 2011, 04:18 PM
rohitk Offline

linuxfirefox

does this code work if I try in Windows command promt or doesn't this change the command. Since I have to try to do this with another system which probably may have Windows. And I heard that Unetbootin, don't have Fedora 15 support, so only I thought to given this issue on Forum. In Unetbootin, it only got Rawhide as its last version of support, after Fedora 14..
Old 29th July 2011, 05:32 PM
soleilpqd Offline

linuxchrome

There's dd command for Windows but you have to install it. But Windows does not have device file like Unix/Linux. I think with Windows you can find many apps to copy DVD to ISO.
With me, I never got success in creating Fedora USB installler with Unetbootin from Fedora DVD. My way is using live-USB-creator on Windows.
Old 30th July 2011, 02:55 PM
rohitk Offline

linuxfirefox

Yes. I too understood that, there isn't anything related to Windows command. But, yes, I know that Live-USB Creator for Windows, is their but we must have ISO image. That was the basic issue, since I don't have ISO Image, I got DVD, So wanted to know how to convert from that DVD to ISO image, so that Later part I can use Live-USB Creator to make it a Bootable USB. I don't know Magic ISO works or not. or anything related such apps or Command.

HElp needed

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

any one please help
Old 31st July 2011, 10:12 AM
rohitk Offline

linuxfirefox

any help
rohit
Old 31st July 2011, 04:29 PM
ryptyde Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitk View Post
any help
rohit
In Windows you can use ImgBurn and from the initial window that opens choose "Create image file from disc" then under "Destination" click on the "Browse for a file" then choose the location you wish to save, give your file a name and choose the file type "ISO files" then click save and wait for it to finish. Then use LiveUSB Creator for Windows.

I have tested this with a Fedora Security live cd and converted it to an iso then used LiveUSB Creator in Windows XP to install the image to a 1GB H-P flash drive then tested it by booting it from an Acer Aspire One and it worked the same as if I would have used the original Fedora Security iso.

phil

Tags
convert, dvd, fedora