Hey everyone, I'm new to Linux and especially to Fedora so be gentle with me. I have searched for this issue but can't find anything conclusive so forgive me if I'm double posting. My installer seems to be having some trouble actually, well, installing. Here's the details of what's going on:
I am running a Dell Dimension 5150, specs available here
. It's slightly old now but I'm hoping it can cope.
I was previously running Ubuntu but I'm trying to overwrite it. That doesn't seem to be what's causing the problem at the moment.
Here's what happens during installation:
And then, the error (or tl:dr):
- I boot from disc and select "Install new system or upgrade existing system".
- Installer is succesfully loaded.
- Installer asks whether to verify disc, I select OK, it checks disc and says it's fine.
- Then proceed through localization options and tell it to use "Basic Storage Devices"
- After examining storage devices, installer warns that it cannot upgrade my current installation (I'm guessing it's seeing Ubuntu and getting confused.) Press continue and hope for the best.
- Set root password.
- Select "Replace current Linux system" (I've also used "Use all space" before and we get to the same problem below.)
- Formatting happens.
- Chose graphical interface and choose "Installation repo" and "Fedora 15 - i386" as repositories for installation. (I previously left it as "installation repo" only as it is as default and got same error below.)
- Dependency check runs successfully.
"The file tree-1.5.3-3.fc15.i686.rpm cannot be opened. This is due to a missing file, a corrupt package or corrupt media. Please verify your installation source.
If you exit, your system will be left in an inconsistent state that will likely require reinstallation."
I have burned this disc about ten times now, on different speeds having the computer verify the written disc each time.
Please note I'm using the iso called "Fedora-15-i386-DVD.iso". I used the Live Media iso as well and had other problems which I'll post on if we can't fix this problem.
So, is anyone able to advice me on what I'm doing wrong?