Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th May 2011, 09:59 PM
RajahBrooke Offline

linuxmidori
can't hear/be heard in Mumble 1.2.x Fedora 15

Hi,

I'm new here, having just moved over from Slackware64 to give Gnome3 a try, and I'm really liking Fedora so far - it looks good, has loads of convenient features, great security, good virtualization and is surprisingly stable. However, I'm having seriously annoying problems on Mumble which hours of fiddling and googling have been unable to solve.

Mumble installs fine and launches without complaint, but when I go through the audio wizard, I cannot hear myself looped back through the speakers. So when I connect to a server, I'm basically deaf and mute. This is odd because my mic is working fine, as are my speakers, and I can use Skype without any problems. Also odd is that if I use 1.1.x compatibility mode, this problem does not occur, though I am then unable to join a server hosted on 1.2.x.

When I connect to a server, it says
Quote:
Unable to find matching CELT codecs with other clients. You will not be able to talk to all users.
however, I definitely have celt installed, if I type

Code:
locate libcelt
I get

Code:
/usr/lib64/libcelt0.so.1
/usr/lib64/libcelt0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib64/libcelt051.so.0
/usr/lib64/libcelt051.so.0.0.0
I found another thread about this warning message, but it was for F14. The "solution" led to Mumble crashing, it has not since been marked as solved.

I hate asking for help from Forums if it can be even remotely avoided, but I'm at my wits end, and it's either I pester you guys or I give up.

Has anyone had similar issues, or happens to know a solution?

Cheers in advance!

[edit] should this be in the Fedora 15 section or here? It seems to be a common Mumble issue, rather than something Fedora 15 specific, but do tell me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by RajahBrooke; 20th May 2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: general clean-up

Tags
12x, fedora, hear or be, heard, mumble