How can our F14 users use Gnome3?
How can our F14 users use Gnome3?
I'm currently trying this:
![]()
Last edited by leigh123linux; 7th April 2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: link removed
I have removed the link as it breaches forum rules (if you click exit on the pop-up box the site redirects you a ad site).
Posting Rules
Do Not Advertise
We are not a space to advertise your product, and you are not permitted to do so without the express consent of the Staff. Links to commercial sites and products may also be considered as ads. Check before you post them.
I am interested to know this as well.
It would be fun to test out Gnome3 on F14, if possible.
Hm ok sorry. I use "NoScript & Adblock" so I'm usually unaware of such popups and redirects.
Basically everybody should be able to get the page "Installing Latest Gnome 3" from the "Linux Blog Magazine" by using google anyway :-)
Linux - the best text adventure game ever!
Hi
GNOME 3 won't be available as a update to Fedora 14. You can try the Fedora 15 Beta that is about to be released in a few days.
Perhaps not you wanted but you can try the Live CD at
http://gnome3.org/tryit.html
Rahul
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram
If you have a few hours, you can build it using jhbuild. I just tested it, seems to work.
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell#Building
Rahul's link is to a Live CD of Gnome3, not a F15 install disc, so you can boot it safely and check out the features that you'll eventually see in F15. Worth a look, for sure and it won't damage your laptop.
Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!![]()
Registered Linux User #362651
Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
I installed gnome3 as a non-root user and it was working fine. Had a crash too once but you can't await release quality this way right?
Take a look at the "building" section here: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell to get it running
Linux - the best text adventure game ever!
According to wikipedia, gnome-shell is the core user interface of gnome3, while gnome3 is the complete desktop environment with lots of applications.