Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th February 2011, 11:46 PM
Lernatix Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: How to install Fedora 7 on PS3

Bumping to ask if there is a .img version of Fedora for PS3.
Old 10th February 2011, 04:42 PM
weitjong Online

macoschrome

PS3 uses PowerPC. The last version of Fedora that supports PPC is F12. Below is one of the mirror: http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/fedora/rel...edora/ppc/iso/. Having said that, I have not tried this version on PS3 yet. I am still running older version on my fat PS3 stuck at FW 3.15 .

The PPC support is dropped since F13. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora...wer_PC_Support. I hope with the renew "interest" in the PS3 Scene, the Fedora Project will support PPC again in the future but I won't hold my breath for that.

If you want to use more recent kernel, your best bet I think is to get Debian instead. My 2c.
Old 10th February 2011, 06:12 PM
Lernatix Offline

linuxiceweasel

Cheers mate, got Debian up and running. An .iso won't work, I believe the .img has to be a snapshot of a working linux install for this new CFW method to work. Again, thanks for the reply.

Tags
fedora, install, ps3